• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Keeping muscle while training MMA.. possible?

SpotMePlease

SpotMePlease

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
161
Points
18
Hey fellas, I’ve been doing a bodybuilding split for a while now, mostly for muscle gain. I just started MMA and it feels way different and more tiring than my usual workouts.. .

Now I’m kinda confusd if I should switch to full body training or just keep my current routine and adjust it a bit. I dont wanna lose my muscle, but I also wanna get better at MMA. Any advice from you guys who went thru this?
 
TitanProgress

TitanProgress

Well-known member
Author
Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2026
Messages
314
Points
18
What you’re feeling is normal. MMA will expose recovery limits way faster than a bodybuilding split ever will. If your goal is to get better at MMA while keeping muscle, I wouldn’t rush into abandoning everything, but I would simplify things. In most cases, a full-body or upper/lower setup 2–3x per week works better because it lets you maintain strength and size without beating up your recovery. Keep your lifting focused on big, efficient movements, then let MMA be the main driver of fatigue and adaptation.
 

Similar threads

Top