• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Ketogenic Dieting and Contest Prep

Cork

Cork

Do any of you have experience with low carb diets with regards to getting ready to step on stage?

I've done 2 ketogenic diets before but I lacked the knowledge to do it exactly correct. I lost a lot of fat, but muscle too. I'm giving myself 20 weeks for prep time so there is some room for trial and error. I am perfectly okay with placing lower if I learn exactly what to do next time, but I'd like to avoid any major pitfalls ahead of time if any of you had experience.

Also, I'm reading that calorie intake will be higher on a ketogenic diet than on a normal carb diet. Is this merely because of the fat (9kcals/g), or will I actually be eating more food?

cereal

cereal

Also, I'm reading that calorie intake will be higher on a ketogenic diet than on a normal carb diet. Is this merely because of the fat (9kcals/g), or will I actually be eating more food?
It's because you gotta eat more fats. When in ketosis, body uses proteins anf fats as fuel, instead of carbs.

To that contest prep I dunno what to say.