• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Knot on back of neck

R

rollinswollen36

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
60
Points
8
Hey guys, I have recently started doing heavy squats, and about a month or so ago i have notice a good sized knot on the back of my neck, right in between my traps. There is no pain whatsoever, its just odly shaped. Do you guys have any idea what this could be?? Thanks, and TRAIN HARD!
 
curtisymoo

curtisymoo

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
481
Points
16
the kind that JoJ has? you get that from heavy squatting i heard
(no joke)
 
Y

yeahbuddy

Member
Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
11
Points
1
Yeah, they call it a squat knot. Not everyone gets one though. I have a small one.
 
R

rollinswollen36

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
60
Points
8
ok great, so its nothing I nerd to be worrying about or anything?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Rugby players get it, I haven't heard it called a squat knot.

It is a growth of some sort, I read a paper about it and the general conclusion was that there was no immediately understandable cause for it, it didn't seem to be causing any problems and wasn't really anything to worry about.

What I would say though is, why would it form in only some individuals and not others unless there was something you should address about the way you lift. Take some video of yourself lifting and see if you crane your neck, round, cave, flex, etc.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Maybe if you move the bar down ever so slightly it might help. The traps will then take most of the bar/weight.

JohnnieJackson_3days3JPG-1.jpg


1-1.jpg


 
R

rollinswollen36

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
60
Points
8
Yeah, it litterally looks exactly like JOJ's, im not to worried about it tho..
 
smcfay

smcfay

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
642
Points
16
i got one too, it use to hurt at first but it passed. Its like extra support
 
PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 16, 2007
Messages
1,141
Points
38
Hey guys, I have recently started doing heavy squats, and about a month or so ago i have notice a good sized knot on the back of my neck, right in between my traps. There is no pain whatsoever, its just odly shaped. Do you guys have any idea what this could be?? Thanks, and TRAIN HARD!

I'll come to Gold's and we'll work on your bar position. Meantime, get some pics up here:deadhorse:
 

Similar threads

PumpChaser
Replies
1
Views
93
Paulr_91
Paulr_91
MuscleMaverick
Replies
0
Views
175
MuscleMaverick
MuscleMaverick
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
436
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
P
Replies
1
Views
722
KaiGold
KaiGold
Top