• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Lactose - Your thoughts?

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
What are your thoughts on lactose?
How would it do say when being used as the only carb in a meal (not pre/post workout, so IE a "normal" meal)
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
I think lactose is great in milk and dairy.

I think people overstate allergies, when they mean tollerance. I posted the stats on proportions of populations that are allergic and European heritage people should be less concerned.
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
so would you recommend it as the only carb in a meal but not the main carb in the nutrition plan?
do you know where i can read up on lactose and how it performs nutritionally, some websites say one thing, another website says another
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
An updated nutrition textbook from a university dietetics or sports nutrition department.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
What are your thoughts on lactose?
How would it do say when being used as the only carb in a meal (not pre/post workout, so IE a "normal" meal)

You would do good to think about lactose use in the same manner as you would table sugar. Now they are not exactly the same but they are both disaccharrides and should be used as such, minimally and not as the main source of carbohydrate in a meal in most cases.
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
hmm thx for the reply!
 

Similar threads

RockyBuilder
Replies
0
Views
137
RockyBuilder
RockyBuilder
LiftWithPurpose
Replies
0
Views
345
LiftWithPurpose
LiftWithPurpose
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
109
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
81
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top