• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Lee Priest is back in the IFBB!!!

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
http://www.flexonline.com/lee_priest_ifbb_reinstated/news/465
It’s official – Lee Priest is back in the IFBB, effective immediately.

“Yes, he’s back in the IFBB,” IFBB Professional League Chairman Jim Manion said. “He’s free to enter any contest, he’s free to guest pose. He has to sign his membership card but other than that formality, which I’m sure he will do, he’s officially back.”

Priest had been suspended by the IFBB since 2006, after choosing to compete in another organization, the now defunct Pro Division Inc. Priest had since reapplied for reinstatement. IFBB officials had originally planned to put Priest’s reinstatement up for a vote on Olympia Weekend, but recently decided to expedite that process in order to allow Priest a chance to qualify for the 2008 Olympia. When the decision was put to a vote, the committee voted overwhelmingly in Priest’s favor, as 11 of 16 members voted to allow Priest’s reinstatement.

“I think the timing was right,” Manion said. “I think Lee has been penalized long enough. He’s made a lot of overtures obviously to try to get back in the IFBB. He was probably going to be allowed back in September, so we decided to let him get back involved with the IFBB sooner. I’m sure he can’t wait to jump back on stage and get back into the action.”

Priest had been very outspoken in his decision to leave the IFBB, and, until recently, had been critical of officials for not allowing his reinstatement. However, Priest’s negative behavior has improved greatly in recent months, which led officials to believe the timing was right to allow Priest back in the IFBB.

“I think he made a bad decision [to leave the IFBB] and I think he knows he made a bad decision,” Manion said. “If he does break the rules again this will be his last chance basically. But in my heart I think he regrets it, so I don’t think that will happen again.

“The IFBB does not rely on one bodybuilder. One bodybuilder is not going to make or break the IFBB. Our federation is much too strong for that. Whether that be Lee Priest, who was suspended, or Ronnie Coleman retiring, the IFBB will always be moving forward.”

Now that the path is cleared for Priest's return to competition, expect to see him on stage at the Atlantic City Pro on September 12-13, where he will attempt to qualify for the 2008 Olympia.
LeePriest.jpg

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
HEL YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Such great newwwwwwwwws! He will be at the Olympia, for sure.

I love this guy! Go Lee GOOO!

Beefcake

Beefcake

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet. Lee is easily my favorite pro.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great news...one of my all-time favourite BB's

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its good that hes coming back.

Kanav

Kanav

its great news and all, but remember when bodybuilders came back to the ifbb from vince mcmahon's federation? They were much more heavily scrutinized.

Heres hoping thats not the case this time around.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good to know hes back, i rly like that midget.

medicineman

medicineman

cool, the blond myth is back

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome, love the dude. In a totally gay way ;3
xD

lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Lee, the tattooed upsidedown Platz.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
cant wait to see him on stage again!! its been way too long

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great news! Thanks Lionheart :xyxthumbs:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i am so happy for him. he's a cool guy with a great physique. go lee

patdiddy

patdiddy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow this is great news. Cant wait to see Lee compete again.....

team flex

team flex

Thats fucking awesome thats great that guy is one one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time....

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you guys think he will be able to crack the top 10 in Olympia

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just when he reached a new level in his development, he was suspended. Hell, he even started to show some cuts in the glute ham area. I just hope he is able to reach that condition again and that the 2 years haven't spoilt that.