• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Looking for a new system

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
I`m looking for a new way of training.. before i used to just train the "regular way".. you know 3-4 exercies each with 3-4 sets and work up to your max weight for like 8-12 reps.

What do you suggest i look into?
 
F

FinnGasolin

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
177
Points
16
What are you looking for? And who decides what the "regular way" is? :)

You could look into som powerlifting programs (sheiko, smolov etc.), George Turner's 10 x 10, Stripped Down Hypertrophy (FB 5 days a week - awesome), DUP-based programs...

And please don't say that sheiko and smolov can't be good for bodybuilders...
 
Johnny5

Johnny5

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,262
Points
38
It's always good to switch things up and shock the body. Some weeks I just change the rep range. My last phase I was doing around 3 to 8 reps max for one month. But when it comes to totally changing my training routine I tend to be closed minded. But right now I'm willing to take any advice I'll try and be more open - 'cause you never know, some things might just work better for you body type and give better results.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Try dorian style HIT... kicks your ass and you get mad pumps.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
What do you want out of your new system?
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
Size.....
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Would you be willing to try a powerlifting style routine with BB'er assistance work?
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
i`m open to any system
 
Top