• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Major props to Victor Martinez..

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
With all the shit he has gone through this year, with his sister being murdered, coming back from knee surgery and still healing from last year, and all the other drama he has had to face.. the man continues his prep for this years Mr.O and gets a call out for the top 6. im not sure if he will get 5th or 6th but thats besides the point.. major props to Victor.. i have a new found respect for this man..
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
He will place ahead of Branch imo, huge respect for Victor, this man is a real champ!
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
He will place ahead of Branch imo, huge respect for Victor, this man is a real champ!
I don't think so. Looks like the judges preferred Branch.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
branch can be in 3rd-5th
 
SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
3,324
Points
63
few shots of vic and branch..

_H4X2487_IDUARHALJE-1.jpg

_H4X2320_BQOUFVNWHF-1.jpg

_H4X2494_ORXWATBGAR-1.jpg

_H4X2322_RRIYHXUKOA-1.jpg

_H4X2516_NMMNYIJPDV-1.jpg

_H4X2329_DAUGABSBLP-1.jpg

_H4X2522_BHRMNHKDPC-1.jpg

_H4X2339_BQKYWRONBA-1.jpg


I think Branch's back is still way too soft and beyond repair, i mean the guy is diced, there is no way he can come in more shredded.. what will have to do to get that back just as tight?
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Branch has that Dorian like condition right there....grainy and dry as hell. Looks unreal but his back is a weak point for sure. First thing i said when he walked out was wow from the front but just wait till he turns around. But crazy condition all around...he brought it
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
Branch looked like he was holding water in his back. I've seen it much harder than that in the past.

I didn't compare the two, but I still think Branch was better at the Arnold Classic this year.
 
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,104
Points
38
Agreed with Flex... he can (and probably will) be a bit harder tonight... I think Branch is definitely 5th, possibly can beat Kai for 4th.
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Ya his back is holding him back for sure....from the front he is insane
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
6,255
Points
38
This will work out well for Vic in the grand scheme of things. I see things panning out like this:

1. Be named #1 contender to Olympia crown
2. Lose controversial Olympia
3. Come in less than 100% for a few years
4. Come in at all time best
5. Olympia title
 
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
4,295
Points
38
This will work out well for Vic in the grand scheme of things. I see things panning out like this:

1. Be named #1 contender to Olympia crown
2. Lose controversial Olympia
3. Come in less than 100% for a few years
4. Come in at all time best
5. Olympia title
/profit
 
J

joligr

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
114
Points
16
Agreed with Flex... he can (and probably will) be a bit harder tonight... I think Branch is definitely 5th, possibly can beat Kai for 4th.
:rofl3: good joke... Kai could place second very close to Jay, it depends on his condition tonight
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Agreed with Flex... he can (and probably will) be a bit harder tonight... I think Branch is definitely 5th, possibly can beat Kai for 4th.

That won't happen, even if I'd like to see it, as an ASC champ Kai has the top 4.
 
D

Dave_XX12

Active member
Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2009
Messages
28
Points
1
Very weird lightning in some of those Branch pics. It's not just the pictures, it was there also during the prejudging video.
 
Top