• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Making Rice from Vegetables

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

There's a variety of vegetables that you can substitute for rice which are more nutritious and healthy and some are very low in carbs. Some of these are:

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Beets
Carrots
Plantains

Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Making rice out of healthy vegetables seems like a really great idea, and this rice you would make, would be gluten-free as well. Any vegetable with low water content such as beets, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, rutabaga, or plantains would be some good ones.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I am amused by your creativity in the kitchen. When my wife started a "no-rice" diet, I had a hard time thinking of what dishes to prepare. We are rice eaters so our kitchen standard are dishes that are best eaten with rice. My recourse was vegetable salad to go with fried meat, mostly chicken or pork. With broiled fish, I could not offer any substitute for rice because it is foolish to eat bread with broiled fish.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

There's a variety of vegetables that you can substitute for rice which are more nutritious and healthy and some are very low in carbs. Some of these are:

Broccoli
Cauliflower
Beets
Carrots
Plantains

I got confused by the title. I immediately thought that rice could be extracted from vegetables, so I took a look. LOL. Anyways, it's a great idea to substitute these vegetables with rice.

However, as of this date, prices of vegetables are not that low compared to a kilo of rice. For instance, according to my mom, prices of cabbages go up to Php 300 per kilo ($6).