• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Melatonin - Potent AI?

TheShadow

TheShadow

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
577
Points
18
Check out this research, where melatonin, reservatrol and letrozole were added into breast adipose tissue in vitro.

As we know, aromatisation of testosterone to estrogen can occur at the aromatase enzyme in fat cells.

Both melatonin and reservatrol were found to act as aromatase inhibitors in this co-culture model, however, melatonin was 1000x more potent than reservatrol.

The most surprising finding here was that melatonin was equally as potent as letrozole!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0887233314001040?via=ihub
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Are you talking about the stuff that helps sleep?
 
fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
70
Points
8
'[h=1]Anti-aromatase effect of resveratrol and melatonin on hormonal positive breast cancer cells co-cultured with breast adipose fibroblasts'[/h]This is from the cancer research website?
 
TheShadow

TheShadow

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
577
Points
18
'[h=1]Anti-aromatase effect of resveratrol and melatonin on hormonal positive breast cancer cells co-cultured with breast adipose fibroblasts'[/h]This is from the cancer research website?

Yep!
 
fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
70
Points
8
The sleeping pills are teh cause of the cancer?
Well, no wonder, they use a brain melting chemicals to make them work on us.
Luckily I never needed any and I never used any.
I am so tired these days that I fall asleep right away.
 
TheShadow

TheShadow

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 9, 2016
Messages
577
Points
18
The sleeping pills are teh cause of the cancer?
Well, no wonder, they use a brain melting chemicals to make them work on us.
Luckily I never needed any and I never used any.
I am so tired these days that I fall asleep right away.

No, melatonin is being studied as a treatment for breast cancer
 
C

Charlie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 6, 2013
Messages
743
Points
28
The sleeping pills are teh cause of the cancer?
Well, no wonder, they use a brain melting chemicals to make them work on us.
Luckily I never needed any and I never used any.
I am so tired these days that I fall asleep right away.
Melatonin is a hormone created in the body. It is not a brain melting drug.
 
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
5,490
Points
138
The sleeping pills are teh cause of the cancer?
Well, no wonder, they use a brain melting chemicals to make them work on us.
Luckily I never needed any and I never used any.

I am so tired these days that I fall asleep right away.
I take melatonin on occasion and I hope it hasn't melted my brain! If the site starts getting really messed up that could be the reason. :)
 
fitnessmara

fitnessmara

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
70
Points
8
I take melatonin on occasion and I hope it hasn't melted my brain!
If the site starts getting really messed up that could be the reason. :)

Aw, I completely misunderstood that post.
I don't know about the rest of the forum, but the Diet and Nutrition sub-forum is pretty much abandoned area.
It would be easier to keep the discussion going with more frequent replies and members interested in the topic.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Zillagraybeard

Zillagraybeard

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
543
Points
18
The peptide MT2 is used as well to help people get a good tan. I took it before my show a few years ago and it really helped. The side effects are you turn into a 15 year old boy
and have erections off and on all day. This can be an issue at work. LOL
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
The primary use of melatonin is to induce sleep and to create a regular sleeping cycle. New research seems to suggest that this sleep inducer hormone also induces weight loss.
 

Similar threads

Top