• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Melatonin Reduces Acute Mental Stress and Reduces Blood Coagulation

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
D-dimer is a marker of fibrin formation in the blood. Fibrin is a protein involved in the clotting of blood. Rupture of a coronary plaque and subsequent thrombosis marks the core transition from stable coronary artery disease to an acute heart attack. Previous studies reported higher D-dimer concentrations in heart attack patients than for control subjects reflecting that D-dimer is a plasma marker of activated blood clotting. Increased D-dimer concentration during admission for heart attacks predicted major adverse cardiac events during hospitalization. Researchers in Switzerland reported that 3 mg of melatonin reduced stress responses and lowered D-dimer activity. The research suggests that the blunting effect of melatonin on the procoagulant response to acute psychosocial stress is clinically meaningful. Indeed, melatonin resulted in a 20% reduction in stress-induced D-dimer change. In humans, platelet aggregation in vitro was inhibited by melatonin suggesting a dose-response effect. Melatonin may be useful for bodybuilders because it reduces stress and blood coagulation.

Wirtz PH, Bärtschi C, Spillmann M, Ehlert U, von Känel R.
Effect of oral melatonin on the procoagulant response to
acute psychosocial stress in healthy men: a randomized
placebo-controlled study. J Pineal Res.
2008 May;44(4):358-65.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
interesting info..
thought it was just good before sleep. hmm

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i actually just started using melatonin to help me sleep.. i take 3mg, it doesn't really do much for me unless im really tired, but i find that i wake up after 4 hours of sleep anyways, so i have to take more.. thanks for the info.

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i love this shit...puts me in a deep sleep.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
i actually just started using melatonin to help me sleep.. i take 3mg, it doesn't really do much for me unless im really tired, but i find that i wake up after 4 hours of sleep anyways, so i have to take more.. thanks for the info.
wonderful combination for sleeping...