• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Metformin

aldodupaul

aldodupaul

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
Messages
235
Points
16
What's your take on it????? Been doing a lot of research on it.... opinions? Comments? Knowledge?
 
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
630
Points
18
From what I have read on several articles online so far, it's a drug used to treat lower blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.

From what I could gather, it's safe to use as long as you follow your doctor's prescription.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
We had a family reunion yesterday and metformin was mentioned by my physician brother-in-law. If you have problems with your blood sugar but you are not exactly diagnosed as diabetic do not take metformin and better if you take insulin to give your pancreas some rest and time to recover. Metformin can be a habit that your blood sugar will be dependent on it. Even for diabetics, he said that they don't recommend metformin at once because there are cases that you can control your blood sugar with a change in lifestyle.
 
Heatman

Heatman

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 17, 2018
Messages
630
Points
18
We had a family reunion yesterday and metformin was mentioned by my physician brother-in-law. If you have problems with your blood sugar but you are not exactly diagnosed as diabetic do not take metformin and better if you take insulin to give your pancreas some rest and time to recover. Metformin can be a habit that your blood sugar will be dependent on it. Even for diabetics, he said that they don't recommend metformin at once because there are cases that you can control your blood sugar with a change in lifestyle.

Exactly. I completely agree with you on this. One's lifestyle goes a very long way in determining what affects the individual's health on both long term and short-term basis. Drugs are good but it can still be limited with how one lives.
 
T

terminamer

New member
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
3
Points
3
Metformin increases insulin sensitivity. Never used it myself, but I would say it can be used as a weak alter above to insulin without having to mess with insulin levels, instead gaining a similar effect by increasing insulin sensitivity.

Not sure of the sides, but I know a couple of people that would suffer from a bad belly from having this stuff, so this would offset any benefits really.
 
T

terminamer

New member
Joined
Jun 19, 2019
Messages
3
Points
3
Metformin increases insulin sensitivity. Never used it myself, but I would say it can be used as a weak alter above to insulin without having to mess with insulin levels, instead gaining a similar effect by increasing insulin sensitivity.

Not sure of the sides, but I know a couple of people that would suffer from a bad belly from having this stuff, so this would offset any benefits really.
*alternative
 
Top