• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Miami Open 2021

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Right after the Dubai Open, now comes the start of the Miami Open 2021 with bigger prizes at more than $6 million. However, the top 3 in the world ranking will not participate – Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer. Likewise in the women’s singles, Serena Williams begged off leaving world #1 Ashleigh Barty and #2 Naomi Osaka in the list of top seeds.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Going into the round of 64 the top seeds are now seeing action. Seed #2 Naomi Osaka will test the mettle of Ajla Tomljanovic. Seed #3 Simona Halep will square off with Carolina Garcia while seed #5 Elina Svitolina will face American Shelby Rogers. Seed #4 Sofia Kenin will meet Andrea Petkovic. Top seed Ashleigh Barty of Australia has no schedule yet although she will play in the Round of 64.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the men’s singles for the round of 64 number 2 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas will Damir Dzumhur, the tennis star of Bosnia. Seed #3 German Alexander Zverev will square off with Emil Ruusuvuori of Finaland. Unseeded Tennys Sandgren will test 4th seed Andrey Rublev. Top seed Dominic Thiem has no scheduled game yet.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The top seeds in the women’s singles prevailed. Top seed Ashleigh Barty won over Kristina Kucova in 3 sets 6-3, 4-6, 7-5 while #2 seed Naomi Osaka breezed through Ajla Tomjlanovic. Seed #3 Simona Halep overcame the spark of Caroline Garcia 3-6, 6-4, 6-0. Sofia Kenin who is seeded 4th is still playing with Andrea Petcovic in a tie-break for the first set of 6-6. Kenin lost in the tie-break at 6-8.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In the men’s single, top seed Daniil Medvedev (not Dominic Thiem as previously posted) breezed past Lu Yen-hsun in 2 sets 6-2, 6-2 while #2 seed Stefanos Tsitsipas will also enter the round of 32 after defeating Damir Dzumhur in 2 sets 6-1, 64. It is unfortunate for 3rd seed Alexander Zverev to lose to Emil Ruusuvuori in a fading fashion 6-1, 3-6, 1-6

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed Ashleigh Barty will enter the round of 16 after beating Jelena Ostapenko 6-3, 6-2 while Sofia Kenin survived the scare of Andrea Petcovic who won the first set in a tie-break. Kenin got the last 2 sets to win 6-7, 6-1, 6-3. Kenin will meet Ons Jabeur in the round of 32. Not lucky is 3rd seed Simona Halep who lost by walkover to Anastaslja Sevastova due to injury.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Aside from top seed Barty, only seed #2 Naomi Osaka will be in the Round of 14. She was lucky to enter the Round of 16 via a walkover by Nina Stojanovic due to injury. Seed #4 Sofia Kenin was eliminated by Ons Jabeur.

In the men’s singles, top seed Daniil enters the Round of 16 after beating Alexei Popyrin 7-6, 6-7, 6-4.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The Round of 16 begins in the men’s singles with top seed Daniil Medvedev facing upset conscious Francis Tiafoe. An exciting match to watch is the face off of Italian teenage star Jannik Sinner and Emil Ruusuvouri who disposed of #3 seed Alexander Zverev.

In the women’s singles, the quarterfinal starts with the match of top seed Ashleigh Barty and #7 seed Aryna Sabalenka. Seed #2 Naomi Osaka will square off with Maria Sakkari and Elina Svitolina will play Anastasija Sevastova. The 4th match is between Biance Andreescu and Sara Sorribes Tormo.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed and world #1 Ashleigh Barty goes to the semi-finals after winning over Aryna Sabalenka in 3 sets 6-4, 6-7, 6-3. Unfortunately for #2 seed Naomi Osaka, she was waylaid by seed #23 Maria Sakkari in just 2 sets 6-0, 6-4.

In the men’s singles, the first match in the quarterfinals is between Jannik Sinner and Alexander Bublik. Top seed Daniil Medvedev breezed past Francis Tiafoe in 2 sets 6-4, 6-4. Medvedev will square off with Roberto Bautista Agut in the quarterfinals.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The semi-finals of the women’s singles has a surprising cast. Top seed Ashleigh Barty plays against #5 Elina Svitolina. In the other court, 8th seed Bianca Andreescu faces giant-killer Greek Maria Sakkari.

In the men’s singles, Italian Jannik Sinner enters the semifinals after beating Alexander Bublik 7-6, 6-4. Top seed Daniil Medvedev was toppled from his perch by Spaniard Roberto Bautista Agut with an easy 2 sets 6-4, 6-2.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Top seed Ashleigh Barty enters the finals after conquering Elina Svitolina 6-3, 6-3. Barty will meet Biance Andreescu who bested Maria Sakkari in a grueling 3 sets 7-6, 3-6, 7-6.

The semifinals of the men’s singles has been shaken pretty well. Jannik Sinner will face Roberto Bautista Agut in an exciting match of the low seeded players. Highest seed #2 Stefanos Tsitsipas was eliminated by Hubert Hurkacz 6-2, 3-6, 4-6. Hurkcz will face Andrey Rublev who defeated Sebastian Korda in a tight 2 sets 7-5, 7-6.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Italian teenage star Jannik Sinner enters the finals after beating Roberto Bautista Agut 5-7, 6-4, 6-4. Sinner will square off with Hubert Hurkacz who trashed #4 seed Andrey Rublev in 2 sets 6-3, 6-4. This match in the finals is like a battle of unseeded but it is worth watching because Sinner is a crowd favorite.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Australian Ashleigh Barty has kept solid her hold as the world #1 as she takes the championship trophy of Miami Open 2021. She won the finals via a walkover of Biance Andreescu 6-3, 4-0. Andreescu suffered a foot injury when she tripped after hitting the ball. Her injury had prevented her to continue with the match.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After a grueling first set of 7-6 that Hubert Hurkacz earned against the persistent Jannik Sinner, Hurkacz finally became the Miami Open 2021 champion when he beat Sinner in the 2nd set at 6-4. This is the first time that both players have reached the finals and Hurkacz was so happy that it was him who prevailed in the very close match.