• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Michael Phelps Caught Smoking a Bong

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Olympian Michael Phelps Caught Smoking Bong, Media Pressured to Kill Photos

Michael_Phelps_Smokes_Bong-1.jpg

(NaturalNews) Super Olympian swimmer Michael Phelps has been caught in photographs depicting him partying and smoking a bong. The media is going crazy over the issue, calling Phelps a "pot head" and suggesting that his tens of millions of dollars in celebrity endorsements will now vanish. Corporate America, of course, doesn't want to associate itself with a pot smoker. So much for all the big corporate sponsorship deals.

You can see the photos of Michael Phelps expertly lighting up a bong here: http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/new...

But I part ways with the mainstream media over all this. I was far more outraged when I saw Michael Phelps plugging McDonald's restaurants than seeing him smoking a bong. His bong smoking, after all, was a private affair (at least until the photo was snapped), while his endorsement of junk food and processed foods was intentionally made public for promotional purposes.

Not that I endorse his pot smoking, either, but at least he wasn't intentionally doing it for the cameras. You'll never see a picture of the Health Ranger smoking a bong, by the way, because I've never smoked a bong in my entire life -- something that many people find impossible to believe, especially given that I support the ending of the War on Drugs in America and the legalization and regulation of medical marijuana.

But there's even more to this story: News of the World reports that there was an attempted bribe (of sorts) offered to them by the agency representing Michael Phelps, known as Octagon. There, spokesperson Clifford Bloxham reportedly offered News of the World an "extraordinary deal" to yank the story, including making Phelps their columnist for three years, getting Phelps to host events, and even finding new sponsors to advertise with the online magazine and pay them money!

In return for this special treatment, Bloxham reportedly asked News of the World to kill the story, saying, "It's seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World."

The sleaze machine behind Phelps
This kind of sleazy deal-making is not going to portray Phelps in a positive light. Not only was the guy caught partying and smoking a bong, but now his agency is blatantly caught in a sleaze-slinging deal that attempted to censor the media in order to protect Phelps' dark secrets.

(This kind of thing goes on all the time, of course, with the mainstream media. Just imagine what kind of pull Big Pharma has over the press...)

Is Phelps smoking crack? Or is it just pot?
I have previously published strong criticism of Phelps, calling him a "sellout" for serving as an ambassador of McDonald's restaurants (http://www.naturalnews.com/023930.html). In that article, you can see photos of Phelps hawking McDonald's food for children.

Nobody got outraged about that in the media, of course. To most people, pushing junk food that compromises the health of children is fine. But smoking a bong that harms no one else is an outrage! (This sort of tells you how skewed American values are these days, huh?)

Phelps has also taken money to endorse sugary breakfast cereals for children. In August of last year, I publicly offered to serve as Phelps' nutritionist to get him on a healthier diet and boost his performance for the 2012 Olympics (http://www.naturalnews.com/023931.html). Not surprisingly, I never heard a word from Phelps' agents. They seemed to be a whole lot busier scrambling up some million-dollar paid endorsements for Phelps.

Well now the world has come to see in Phelps what I saw from the very beginning: That Phelps is a false hero who serves as a terrible role model for children. Phelps is a freakishly good swimmer with lousy ethics and an astounding lack of morality. He takes money to push products that arguably harm the health of children, and he's apparently been partying hard, pouring drinks for all the girls, slamming down booze and smoking up some weed.

One source from the News of the World article says about Phelps, "You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do. He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

Again, I don't have an issue with Phelps smoking a bong in a bar, but the rest of the world does, and now the rest of the world considers Phelps a total loser... for all the wrong reasons.

Now, it seems, Phelps will be taking a big hit, and I don't mean the bong kind. He'll be taking this hit in the pocketbook, potentially costing him tens of millions of dollars in paid endorsements.

And that, friends, makes Michael Phelps' toke the most expensive bong hit in the history of the world!

Summary: The world freaks out over Phelps privately smoking a bong, but they're fine with him publicly promoting junk foods to children. What's wrong with this picture? It is the public, I think, that's on drugs here…

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty dumb move of Phelps to take a hit from a bong around other people... only for the reason that (1) someone probably knew they could sell the pic for money, because lame society would make a big deal out of it... (2) it could hurt him with his sponsors.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
As much as it is a stupid move on his part, this situation makes me like him more lol

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pretty dumb move of Phelps to take a hit from a bong around other people... only for the reason that (1) someone probably knew they could sell the pic for money, because lame society would make a big deal out of it... (2) it could hurt him with his sponsors.

i could not care less that phelps smokes (seriously, who the hell hasn't?) but it speaks of his immaturity that he'd do it in front of others with SO much to lose if found out. he obviously has no grasp on life and what those sponsorships will mean for himself and his family.

this move speaks volumes on his intelligence, or lack therof

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i could not care less that phelps smokes (seriously, who the hell hasn't?) but it speaks of his immaturity that he'd do it in front of others with SO much to lose if found it. he obviously has no grasp on life and what those sponsorships will mean for himself and his family.

I pretty much agree..... but it's just sad that society is so uptight about something so harmless. Dumb move by him, but only because society in general is even dumber.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh Micheal, don't you know that weed will kill you ? It will make you get cancer, lose brain cells, drop your arms, internal bleeding, explosive diarrhea, death, rape, death (in that order).

xD

Am I the only one that feels that everybody is just acting as they are expected to act ? Michael just said her was sorry, obviously he is not. The people who said he committed a wrong act probably wrote that article whilst high. I am just under the impression that nobody cares about weed use anymore, they just need to maintain appearances for the preoccupied masses (ergo, the possessive moms).

2hd6skg-1.png

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I pretty much agree..... but it's just sad that society is so uptight about something so harmless. Dumb move by him, but only because society in general is even dumber.

no one is debating that. but if you have a shred of intelligence you know how fucking stupid society is and what will happen if they found out. he is still very much a child. not for smoking, but for doing something illegal around others with SO MUCH TO LOSE.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
if I cared about pot, swimming, the Olympics, or Michael Phelps.....I'd be outraged.

Papa G

Papa G

Haha now I know how he got himself to eat 12000 calories daily during his preparation for the olympics....

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
All he needs to do is a Robert Downey Jr.

Basically he needs a swim meet to overshadow his indescretion. That way people will forget about his pot smoking just like Downey Jr and the kilo of blow and the Wonder Woman costume.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I like Robert Downey Jr. lol.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
he obviously has no grasp on life and what those sponsorships will mean for himself and his family.

I wouldn't go this far, only because the celebrity he achieved this year was unprecedented and it's impossible to gauge how one would react if such a spotlight would be shined onto anyone. I'm not saying the act itself was dumb, it was, but I can empathize that he's 23 years old and, despite everything, he still wants to be 23. I realize that accomplishments such as his come with an inherent degree of responsibility but it sucks to think that you basically have to grow up overnight. Either way, I doubt it will effect too much. I have a feeling this will blow over.

Oloz

Oloz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Didn't he also get a DUI when he was 19? I remember a friend telling me about it, but it could just be a rumor.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Sheriff to Investigate, Possibly Charge Michael Phelps

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20256663,00.html

"If someone breaks the law in Richland County, we have an obligation as law enforcement to investigate and to bring charges," the statement said. "The Richland County Sheriff's Department is making an effort to determine if Mr. Phelps broke the law. If he did, he will be charged in the same manner as anyone else. The Sheriff has a responsibility to be fair, to enforce the law and to not turn a blind eye because someone is a celebrity."

lulz @ South Carolina for having absolutely no idea how the law works

and double lulz @ that douchebag Sheriff trying to make a name for himself

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wonder how many of the other party goers he will charge as well.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
More Information and Update
phelps_header_0102_25557a.jpg

14-times Olympic gold medal winner Michael Phelps caught with cannabis pipe.

THIS is the astonishing picture which could destroy the career of the greatest competitor in Olympic history.

In our exclusive photo Michael Phelps, who won a record EIGHT gold medals for swimming at the Beijing games last summer, draws from a bong.

READ: I'M SORRY, SAYS MICHAEL PHELPS

The glass pipes are generally used to smoke cannabis.

And after sporting chiefs announced laws which mean four-year bans for drug-taking, Phelps’ dreams of adding to his overall 14 gold medal tally at the 2012 games in London could already be OVER.

GOLDEN BOY: Phelps at Beijing
phelps_01_0102_25519a.jpg

Those dreams seemed the last thing on his mind when he puffed from the bong during two days of partying with students last November, a quiet time in the swimming calendar when athletes would not expect to get tested for drugs.

One party-goer who witnessed the star’s behaviour told the News of the World: “He was out of control from the moment he got there.

“If he continues to party like that I’d be amazed if he ever won any more medals again.”

Phelps’ aides went into a panic over our story and offered us a raft of extraordinary incentives not to run the bong picture.

It was on November 6, weeks after his Beijing triumph, that 23-year-old Phelps surprised students at the University Of South Carolina in Columbia by showing up unannounced at a house party.

He was visiting Jordan Matthews, a girl he was secretly seeing who was a student there.

Our source revealed: “Michael came to visit Jordan but ended up just getting wasted every night.

LEGEND: Swimming giant Phelps on cover of Sports Illustrated mag
phelps_02_0102_25520a.jpg

“He arrived with a group of girls hanging all over him. Jaws hit the floor when he walked in. You don’t get many celebrities in Columbia, so when Phelps comes to your party it’s a very big deal.
Obnoxious

“He didn’t know many people so you’d think he’d be a little shy. But he was loud, obnoxious and slamming beers from the get-go.

“Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy. He couldn’t get enough of all the attention.”

As he basked in his hero status, Phelps knocked back beers and shots of spirits. And when a student offered him the glass bong engraved with red writing, he did not hesitate, says our source.

The 6ft 4ins athlete, in a white T-shirt and navy cap worn back to front, clasped the device in his huge hands and inhaled deeply.

Our source said: “You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do.

“He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits. Michael ended up getting a little paranoid, though, because before too long he looked like he was nervous and ran out of the place.”

BIT OF A SUCKER: Olympic ace Michael Phelps inhales from bong
phelps_516_0102_25518a.jpg

But the next night, Phelps was out partying again. The source added: “He was right back at it at Pavlov’s bar.

“Like the night before he was holding court, throwing back shots two at a time and pouring drinks to every cute girl.”

Drink has got Phelps into trouble before. In 2004, aged 19, he got 18 months probation for driving while under the influence.

His wild behaviour is in stark contrast to the grim regime which took him to the top of his sport.

He once described his life, saying: “All you do is eat, sleep, swim; eat, sleep, swim; eat, sleep, swim.”

Last night Phelps’ management team and the sporting world closed ranks over the scandal.
Taint

The US Olympics Committee, who have pledged to clamp down on drug use, refused to comment, as did USA Swimming and Phelps’ coach Bob Bowman.

More surprising still was the World Anti-Doping Agency’s refusal to comment, given that they introduced the four-year ban on sport’s drug users.

Phelps, who earned £4million last year in endorsements, has resumed training for the 2012 games.

But there were fears about his commitment when, weeks after the bong incident, he began dating former stripper Caroline Pal.

Phelps is represented by marketing giant Octagon, which works with huge brands such as Mastercard and HSBC. They admitted proven cannabis use would be “a major taint” on Phelps’ character.

Spokesman Clifford Bloxham offered us an extraordinary deal not to publish our story, saying Phelps would become our columnist for three years, host events and get his sponsors to advertise with us.

In return, he asked that we kill Phelps’ bong picture. Bloxham said: “It’s seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World.”

He stressed that the swimmer had taken 1,500 drug tests and never failed one.

Until now?

mexiFRO

mexiFRO

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Smoke weed and you'll become an Olympic Gold Medalist"

Light me up! :thumbsup:

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
my home town, columbia, sc lol

The sheriff is trying to go after him now, I'm sure it wont stand in court at all. I think its more of an effort of him trying to show the people that live in columbia that they will not have any tolerance.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Oh man did i dislike reading that article.That magazine tried to make a connection between smoking weed and becoming an Olympic athlete logical. News Of The World have you ever heard of the word 'fallacy'. The connection the magazine is making to smoking weed and becoming an Olympian that they are inferring kids will make is laughable.

As evidence against their idiotic idea I offer the millions of people who smoke weed and are not Olympic athletes.

"He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool."

That is a subjective opinion and holds no measure of being valid because the magazine did not post the credentials of the person making the statement.

Does everyone who read the article see that their might be 3 facts in it, mainly what his charges were. Everything that makes this article look bad for Phelps is opinions made by the news publisher made from subjective(not factual) statements made from partying college kids who were most likely themselves intoxicated.

What can be said about what actually happened? Phelps smoked out of a bong. Every other statement about his evening is subjective and we have no reason to believe otherwise.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
No one with half a brain takes News of the World seriously.