• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Mike Mentzer Rare Pics and Updates

KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Let's see your Mike Mentzer pics!
d7645e4acd75715e2d7e08eba227e861-1.jpg
 
to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 1, 2016
Messages
515
Points
18
Golden days indeed! I mean, muscles and bodybuilding at the time looked more natural, those were the true strong men made of pure muscle!
 
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
23,517
Points
138
Re: The Old days of bodybuilding...

Mike Mentzer

59496bd521651c4a9a301559758cdb8c-1.jpg
1ef21459643921025fd81ebe9b571fc0-1.jpg
c1567e2e9b35b8c9e069492a8d7815d4-1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
underbody

underbody

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
23,517
Points
138
Re: The Old days of bodybuilding...

77113975e96fecec20136d26b584a63e-1.jpg
131d5d9f9d191650d4d7e2332e9585ac-1.jpg
9f7695a98966685c09dcfa8e01fa2e4e-1.jpg
 
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Another good Mike Mentzer pic and a bodybuilding quote!
"It is only within the context of having properly developed your mind that you will be able to truly enjoy the achievement of your material values, including that of a more muscular body." Mike Mentzer
Mike mentzer
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
I found a few more awesome and rare Heavy Duty Mike Mentzer pics!

Mike Mentzer doing chest flies
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
More Mike Mentzer pictures! Classics!
Mikementzer
Mike mentzer


I am using the MuscleMecca Bodybuilding Mobile App!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro

Joe Pietaro Contributer
VIP
Author
Joined
May 30, 2014
Messages
1,373
Points
83
The Mentzer brothers were both great bodybuilders. Mike stuck to his guns, though, walking away after he felt he got fucked at the 1980 Olympia. He had a great argument.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ArnoldS
ArnoldS

ArnoldS

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 11, 2013
Messages
1,617
Points
83
Mike Mentzer talking about steroids.



Here's what Mike said in the past about steroids. It's true and ofcourse common knowledge.

“In those who are still competing, I think there is an even great use and abuse of steroids.For those who are hell bent on competing, there’s even more steroid use. And even beyond steroids, now they’re taking what’s called growth hormone, which is not a steroid compound in itself, but does effect the body’s rate of growth. Enormously from what I hear,” Mentzer said.
“If you want to compete, on even the local, national, international, or professional level, without a doubt steroids are a part of it.”

More of what Mike Mentzer said about steroids in the 90s. Got this from fitnesvolt.

“As is the case with the media very often, when there’s something that’s possibly dangerous they tend to get all kinds of things confused, and they bring other issues into it. Yes steroids can be dangerous in certain ways, but not that particular way. It doesn’t effect fertility. I know of many top bodybuilders who have been training and taking steroids for up to 20-30 years, and they have healthy families,”

“One of the things you hear more often nowadays is a thing called steroid rages. That’s one of the things that has never been proven, along with the mistaken notion about effecting fertility. Things that are possibly effected are proper liver function, kidney, and so forth; glandular functions. No it does not effect fertility or the brain per say. it does not effect moods, it does not cause rages or tantrums.”
 
  • Like
Reactions: underbody

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
KaiGold

KaiGold

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
4,464
Points
108
Mike says more on steroids.

“In those who are still competing, I think there is an even great use and abuse of steroids. For those who are hell bent on competing, there’s even more steroid use. And even beyond steroids, now they’re taking what’s called growth hormone, which is not a steroid compound in itself, but does effect the body’s rate of growth. Enormously from what I hear,”

“If you want to compete, on even the local, national, international, or professional level, without a doubt steroids are a part of it.”
 
Top