• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Missing Pro Shows

P

Pain

VIP
Mike from Mayhem said:
* The Toronto Pro is gone.
* The European Grand Prix is gone.
* San Jose/San Francisco/Sacramento Pro is gone.
* The Colorado Pro is gone.
* The Keystone Pro
* The GNC Show is gone.
* Master's Olympia

The NY Pro isn't as big or talked about as what the NOC used to be. The Ironman Pro moved from a 4000 seat theater to a 1200 folding chair side room in a convention center.

There seems to be only a handful of Pro Shows that are hanging on and doing well:

* The Olympia
* The Arnold
* The Europa

What's the deal?

* Fan enthusiasm down?
* Degrading bodies a turn off?
* Expensive?
* Too much time and money to travel?
* Local scene not enough to support a local pro show?

Pro shows cost quite a bit of money to promote: Sanction fees, prize money, officials, hotel rooms, insurance, staging, lighting, and promotion and much more. The cost of an IFBB show probably is too expensive to promote in terms of how many tickets are sold.

Is putting on a pro show a worthwhile effort?

Maybe the formula that used to work needs to change? Maybe BB Shows need some sort of expo to go along with the show? Maybe they need to do like gas stations and make money not from selling gas, but by selling hot dogs and Hot Tamales.

Either way, the IFBB and the promoters need to take a deep hard look at the current landscape, and make a determination upon further analysis to make some adjustments. Or, just leave it status quo.

Thank goodness for the NPC Figure Girls! They are keeping a lot of the NPC Shows alive!

:dunnodude:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
* The Toronto Pro is gone.
* The European Grand Prix is gone.
* San Jose/San Francisco/Sacramento Pro is gone.
* The Colorado Pro is gone.
* The Keystone Pro
* The GNC Show is gone.
* Master's Olympia

Wow, all those shows are gone? I knew a few of them were but not all of those... Hopefully we are not seeing the demise of our sport.

P

Pain

VIP
Bodybuilding has been on a steady decline when they decided to stop showing The Olympia & Arnold on PPV.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea i was wondering waht happened to the grand prix shows this year. Woooow thats not good news. I thought dexter and ronnie both had shows they promote yearly though those must be amature shows then? wow i thought bbing was a little more popu;lar than that. Braaq victor looks amazing in your avatar dude, what photo shoot is that from?

God Bless
Ben

P

Pain

VIP
yea i was wondering waht happened to the grand prix shows this year. Woooow thats not good news. I thought dexter and ronnie both had shows they promote yearly though those must be amature shows then?

The Ronnie Coleman classic is an amatuer show.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Damn, I was going to go to the Keystone Pro this year...it's held 20 minutes from my house. Well, that was a hell of a one year commitment.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You would think with all the money the supplement companies make in our sport we would be in a better place.

Oh welp.

Freak:xmaswtfgay:

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn, I was going to go to the Keystone Pro this year...it's held 20 minutes from my house. Well, that was a hell of a one year commitment.

Banging whores, drinking yourself into oblivion, and doing any drug you can get your grubby little paws on....

Sounds like you were right on track! Why stop now?

Freak:e5dunno:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the bigger shows are getting bigger and the smaller ones are getting smaller :dunnodude:
Only Bob Chicherillo can save our sport now! But seriously, I think the guy is making an effort to bring bb out there a little more mainstream.

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
Banging whores, drinking yourself into oblivion, and doing any drug you can get your grubby little paws on....

Sounds like you were right on track! Why stop now?
I'm not sure what this has to do with me attending a show.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm not sure what this has to do with me attending a show.

Oh, I miss read your post. That's what happens when you have a child hanging off your laptop.

Freak:tear:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BBing is pushing itself further and further into oblivion.

It's just staying stagnant and nothing is really being done to change this. They will be the bringers on of their own demise.

Maybe promoting shows, televising etc does cost money but you got to spend money to make money.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow this is all really sad to hear. i really hope this turns around because i really love this sport and if the public knew more about it and gave it a chance they would too.

samsam

samsam

Only a brand new super-arnold can save us!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Although it may be withering as a whole, I know it has been growing like a boys pubic hairs during puberty here in Idaho.

chadcruz

chadcruz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the downfall is associated with the continuing negative publicity associated with steriods.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
......this is just ridiculous

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the bigger shows are getting bigger and the smaller ones are getting smaller :dunnodude:

Very true. The main problem IMO is that BB is overall VERY VERY expensive, for bodybuilders and for promoters... it's a very risky bussiness.... and a non-maintream sport... what can you expect from sponsors? Nothing. :ughnoes: