• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mississippi restaurants not allowed to serve the obese

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm on two minds of this one, I'm all for fat people not eating, but I'm not so sure I like this forced law proposal. :ughnoes:

(Mississippi) House Bill 282

AN ACT TO PROHIBIT CERTAIN FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS FROM SERVING FOOD TO ANY PERSON WHO IS OBESE, BASED ON CRITERIA PRESCRIBED BY THE STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH; TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT TO PREPARE WRITTEN MATERIALS THAT DESCRIBE AND EXPLAIN THE CRITERIA FOR DETERMINING WHETHER A PERSON IS OBESE AND TO PROVIDE THOSE MATERIALS TO THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS; TO DIRECT THE DEPARTMENT TO MONITOR THE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS ACT; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.

Yes, it's real:
http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2008/html/HB/0200-0299/HB0282IN.htm

The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is calling on the state of Mississippi House of Representatives to withdraw House Bill 282 (HB 282) that discriminates against those affected by obesity by restricting their right to dine in restaurants. The OAC strongly feels that HB 282 is outright discrimination against the obese population and an example of the often misguided attempts proposed to address the obesity epidemic.

http://www.obesityaction.org/news/2008/hb282.php

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I honestly think this is a perfect example of the government trying to control everyone! Hopefully, it does not pass.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
By law, I think obesity is a disease. And it's illegal to discriminate people with handicap or diseases.

so....who the hell proposed this retarded idea?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I agree with ironslave, Im all for obese people not eating... but it is very wrong to go about it in this way.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I agree with Ironslave and Skeptic

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if this is a state law all people wpuld have to do is go move and eat whatever they wanted. The problem doesnt have to be the food its the amount so i dont really see how this will help people unless they are going to restrict the calories these people eat in their own homes. :e5dunno:

God Bless
Ben

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i might not be obese but noones gonna stop me from eating especially when i fuckin pay for it!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excuse me, you're too fat to eat here. Buh-bye.

That will be great for the self-confidence.

:keke:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Napol3onator

Napol3onator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
love the tags haha

alex

alex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excuse me, you're too fat to eat here. Buh-bye.

That will be great for the self-confidence.

:keke:

:bowroflarms::bowroflarms:

hey mister get your fat ass out of here...when the say restaurants do they include the fast foods like macdonalds ?because in my parts the restaurant and
fast food are referred as two different types of shops.in the restaurant you could eat a quality meal while in fast foods only junk