• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Mom loses 51kg and becomes a bodybuilder

• Thread starter Bodybuilding News
  • Start date
Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding News

Bodybuilding motivation

Jodie Marquardt, 46, has made an incredible change to her weight. Starting off with daily walks, the financial advisor continued to step out of her comfort zone and even stepped on stage in September 2021.

From Townsville, Australia, Jodie now looks ‘ten years younger’ and weighs 51 kg from 102 kg.

“I never thought I would enter a bodybuilding competition in my life," she says.

“But after reaching my goal weight which was 11 stone in nine months by eating fresh, wholesome foods daily walks and gym workouts - I decided to push myself even further."

People say the transformation has taken ten years off her appearance, but more importantly, she feels 10 years younger too.

“I have so much more energy, and I’m keen to get out of my comfort zone,” she says.

She had tried many fad diets before, but this time she was serious because her health was on the line.

“I decided to take a different approach by changing one habit at a time then moving onto the next area rather than changing everything at once and giving up when it got too hard," she says,

“So rather than junk food daily, I cut back to two days per week, and it slowly led to zero."

“I began walking every day, initially only 2km, which would leave me a sweaty mess. I knew the road to better health would be difficult, but I was determined to do it.”

In November 2019, Jodie had a breast reduction and lift along with skin removal on her stomach.

Jodie then came across a bodybuilding competition on social media that motivated her to ‘refine’ her physique.

In January 2020, Jodie began preparing for the competition, and she had chiseled abs within months.

“I was curvy and busty before, and I wore a J cup bra at my heaviest," she says.

“It is amazing how much more mobile I am without the bigger bust and stomach - little things, like being able to tie my laces. It’s a constant delight to be able to move freely and feel comfortable in my own skin."

“The training for the competition was intense, consisting of an hour of cardio early every morning, followed by two hours of weight training after work for five days a week,” she says.

Despite not placing at the ICN Tropix competition, Jodie remains positive and plans to compete again.

“I am very proud of what I have achieved; the best part is the change in mindset. I tackle things with positivity by stopping and dealing with setbacks rather than opening a bag of crisps," she says.

“Even on cheat days, I choose healthier dishes such as steak and salad rather than a KFC takeaway. I hope my story highlights the fact anything is possible."

Female

Female bodybuilder

News24
Bodybuilding News Source.