• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Mr. Olympia Morphs

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
3,040
Points
38
Is that your opinion? or dont you like the idea?

Dorian already looked like a mess in 1997 and had several injuries and looked like a pregnant cow. He would not have won anything in 1998.- Only if he got 1st place as a gift... again.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Dorian already looked like a mess in 1997 and had several injuries and looked like a pregnant cow. He would not have won anything in 1998.- Only if he got 1st place as a gift... again.

OK, just checking :xyxthumbs: I just thought he looked good in this pic, what other injuries was there? biceps, quad?
 
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
3,040
Points
38
OK, just checking :xyxthumbs: I just thought he looked good in this pic, what other injuries was there? biceps, quad?

In the morph you can really see how wide his waist got.

He had a biceps tear, triceps tear and a quad tear.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
In the morph you can really see how wide his waist got.

He had a biceps tear, triceps tear and a quad tear.

Yeah, now when you say it I can see it. But dorian looks bigger, wasn't he 270-275lbs 1997?
 
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
3,040
Points
38
Yeah, now when you say it I can see it. But dorian looks bigger, wasn't he 270-275lbs 1997?

I don't know actually. I guess I would have to see my Mr. Olympia 1997 movie again but the weight they show might be BS.
 
M

MsaNe

Active member
Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
28
Points
1
dorian had a quad tear Oo?

never heard of it before, his way of training wasn that healthy hmm :p?
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
There was an article on Dorian a while back about his prep for the last 'O' he did. He ended up in hospital and needed various tranfusions and was in a really bad way. His tricep was torn about 3/4 off the bone and he nearly didn't do the 'O' - when he was hitting the poses he was in agony and thought it would tear more. What he went through to compete that year was extraordinary.
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
Yeah, that sounds like pure pain..I just remembered he torn his rotator cuff also
 
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
8,184
Points
63
That morph can't be scaled, Ronnie's legs were MUCH bigger than Dorian's!

I have no idea if the pics are scaled or not :xyxthumbs:
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
I think he did till an injury...then he just did extension, leg press and hacks
 
R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 15, 2006
Messages
8,082
Points
63
I think he squatted in the smith too.
 
lifterdead

lifterdead

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 23, 2006
Messages
1,644
Points
38
Calling Yates a pregnant cow?

Jesus, harsh crowd. Yates might not have looked so hot in his last few years, but he was still a damn good bodybuilder.
 

Similar threads

MuscleHustle
Replies
0
Views
19
MuscleHustle
MuscleHustle
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
16
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top