• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Muscle Cramps

P

Pain

VIP
I've talked about this before in my log but I want to bring it up again as I've been getting more cramps recently.

Usually the muscles in feet and my calves cramp up. This happens randomly and sometimes when I'm sleeping, which wakes me right up.

I don't know why I get them so frequently as I drink plenty of water. I guess it could be from the amount of running I do these days. Putting a lot of stress on those areas and ending up getting muscle fatigue.

Anything I could or should be doing to avoid getting muscle cramps so often?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Try rolling a tennis ball under your foot. You can do this sitting at a desk, at school, or at work. This will help to relax the plantar muscles. Also I would recommend some self myofascial release in the form of foam rolling along the calves. This will help to stimulate the golgi tendon organ and inhibit the muscle spindle. If you do not have a foam roller, a wine bottle will do the trick but might be a little more painful. Just 10-15 minutes a day should do the trick.

P

Pain

VIP
Never thought of that. Will give it a go as these muscle cramps can be quite painful at times.

Thanks.

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hasn't it got to do with some form of electrolite imbalance?

Maybe sweating out the salt?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hasn't it got to do with some form of electrolite imbalance?

Maybe sweating out the salt?

This could play a role in the cramps. I guess I shouldnt have presumed that pain was getting the proper amount of sodium to potassium. Most folks (at least in America) dont struggle with getting enough sodium. If you know you are going for a decent run the next day, try eating a meal high in sodium the night before. This is why so may endurance athletes do spaghetti the night before. The sauce is usually very high in sodium. Unless you are purposely trying not to get sodium AND doing very intense, frequent, and long bouts of cardio, this is likely not the problem imo.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
take taurine and if it doesn't help throw some potassium in. if u still cramp i might wanna chop of your feets

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Magnesium can help prevent muscle cramps as well.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff