• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Music when training

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
with enough listening Tim you'll understand Death Metal is one of the richest genre's of music around and you'll start to like it

if your worried about posing... keep away from Black Metal. that shit... man dont even get me started on it. i will forever live with the shame of knowing i was a Black Metal fan.


ohhh and :uhoh2: at Nile's drummer being ordinary :uhoh2: he's got to be one of the best in the entire world!
I would have said that "classical" music is one of the richest genres, but hey:wutyousay:

I've heard nothing but bad things about black metal and power metal. Having listened to Dragon Force and Rhapsody of Fire I can see why power metal gets such a bad rap, so I won't even go near black :tiphat:

I wan't singling out the musicians, it was more a comment about the actual music. Plus when you hear a really good drummer you will hear shifts in time signatures or emphasis placed on key lyrics or riffs just by the way they play. Also may get lucky and here off-beats and riffs! I didn't notice that with the Nile drummer, but it is only one song.
Tonyk said:
Thank you i think i might go kill myself now :disgust:
I was discussing yesterday with someone on PM how insulting you were to people. Funny your reaction when someone doesn't put up with your remarks.
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
I was discussing yesterday with someone on PM how insulting you were to people. Funny your reaction when someone doesn't put up with your remarks.

The last time I was insulting to someone was before i got banned dude.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
The last time I was insulting to someone was before i got banned dude.
So calling me an oldie and insinuating that you are some how better than me because you are young isn't meant to be insulting to me.:dunnodude:
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
I said oldies because thats the music I listen to when working out. Are you confused?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Tim, check out a power metal band called Symphony X, they are kinda more prog inclined but still power metal.

Dragonforce gets such a bad rap cus all they are about is 'the wank' if you know what i mean haha
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Tim, check out a power metal band called Symphony X, they are kinda more prog inclined but still power metal.

Dragonforce gets such a bad rap cus all they are about is 'the wank' if you know what i mean haha
I've got Divine Wings of Tragedy and Paradise Lost. Nothing really grabbed me on first listen, but Paradise Lost does seem to have a growing effect. Going to listen to it now actually. That and Eyes of Eden.

Dragon Force are pretty cheesy but they aren't terrible. They definitely fill the "band you love to hate" moniker.
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
^ No reply tim? I mean you did call me a fucking stupid kid because of your own mssunderstanding. Apology?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I was considering whether to or not, I am trying to figure out the genuine nature of the post.

1) This thread and two others had become a dialogue between myself and Skeptic about metal and death metal in general. You jumped in between these posts.
2) One word posts are hard to interpret yet you offered no clarification until much later.
3) The example I used was not the one that I was discussing with other members.
4) Your post was pretty conveniently placed and worded considering the reply I had made to Mygeeto's post (which was really good Mygeeto, I'm going to find some Amon Armath to listen to).

I'll decide after I've thought about it more.
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
^ Fine display your immature side. I made a simple post that said oldies which pertains perfectly to the thread. You said "fucking stupid kid" just say you are sorry and you are wrong. If you can give me an example of me insulting someone in the last month without it being a post doin so in an obvious joking matter I will be thoroughly surprised.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I've got Divine Wings of Tragedy and Paradise Lost. Nothing really grabbed me on first listen, but Paradise Lost does seem to have a growing effect. Going to listen to it now actually. That and Eyes of Eden.

Dragon Force are pretty cheesy but they aren't terrible. They definitely fill the "band you love to hate" moniker.

A lot of symphony X is really cheesy as well, but what is good is brilliant IMO.

Hehe the whole point of dragonforce is the Cheese i reckon! thats what i love about them... its like the cheesyness of glam metal modernised
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ One of the cheesiest bands I've listened to were Dream Evil. Book of Heavy Metal song and album are just so funny yet quite catchy.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Look at these lyrics :keke:
Dream Evil
The Book Of Heavy Metal lyrics

Meeetaaal....

I sign, a contract witht the devil.
I tried, for so very long.
I die, to become immortal.
Thats why, I sing this song!

Am I a wannabe?
Have I no dignity?
who gave up all my life to be...

in the Book of Heavy Metal?
Aaaooh..!
in the Book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In life, I have no religion,
besides, the heavy metal Gods!
were nothing, but black skin-tight leather
my skin, is clad with metal studs!

Am I a wannabe?
Have I no dignity?
I give up all my life to be...

in the Book of Heavy Metal?
Aaaooh..!
in the Book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

"some twenty years ago,
the gods put down their feet.
So far in to the ground
that the man of sword 'nor ended.
Could never change your rules upon wich
the very fundament of metal was made!"

-solo-

Read all about it,
in the Book of Heavy Metal!
Read all about it,
in the Metalian!
Read all about it,
in the Book of Heavy Metal!
Read all about it,
just read it!

Don't need no flashy house,
no car or ugly wife.
The only thing I want,
is what my parents don't.
Need no wide screen TV
knowing no honesty,
the only thing I want to be...

"To be or not to be"

in the Book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the Book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the Book of Heavy Metal!
In life...
Aaaooh..!

In the Book of Heavy Metal!
to death...
Aaaooh..!

In the Book of Heavy Metal!
I sign,
a contract with the devil!

in the Book of Heavy Metal!
I like,
to become a star!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
I die,
to become immortal!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Thats why,
I play the guitar!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!

In the book of Heavy Metal!
Aaaooh..!
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
^^ I was considering whether to or not, I am trying to figure out the genuine nature of the post.

1) This thread and two others had become a dialogue between myself and Skeptic about metal and death metal in general. You jumped in between these posts.

its the "Music when training" thread :e5dunno:

2) One word posts are hard to interpret yet you offered no clarification until much later.

read above post :49: I think your personal dislike of Tony may have conveniently made you think this, which is oddly arrogant of you

3) The example I used was not the one that I was discussing with other members.

4) Your post was pretty conveniently placed and worded considering the reply I had made to Mygeeto's post (which was really good Mygeeto, I'm going to find some Amon Armath to listen to).

:49: Dude, "Music when training" thread. "oldies" is a music genre, he didn't come in here and say "Tim your an asshole and old" he came in here and told us what music he listens to. I think your reading into it entirely too much, its a genre of music. It's not an insult, it's not any derogatory comment about yourself or anyone other person, its his personal choice of music when training. Very good.

I'll decide after I've thought about it more.

Tim, Tim, Tim. Calm down.
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
^ Thanks Tweak.

Seriously I thought I would get flamed for listening to E.L.O, Temptations, Beach Boys, Bee Gees, Four Seasons and Hall and Oats not because Tim hates me.
 
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
5,885
Points
38
to keep the thread on track:


I listen to whatever is on the radio at the gym, I've never owned a CD Player or MP3 Player, :e5dunno:

I'm thinking of investing in an MP3 Player though, just thinking :hide:

Music I'd listen to by choice while training if I could:

Michael Jackson, Staind, Pantera, Temptations, Jackson 5, Billy Joel, DMX, 2Pac, really just about anything :e5dunno:
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
You're probably right Tweak. I do value your opinion (you could have answered my other post though :gaygay:)

Tony: I'm sorry. You're right I misunderstood because it was a post out of the blue given the other posts that were in the conversation.
 
Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
2,517
Points
36
Tony: I'm sorry. You're right I misunderstood because it was a post out of the blue given the other posts that were in the conversation.

Thank you. No hard feelings.
 
Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
1,977
Points
38
I just had to comment on Tim's misunderstanding of Tonyk- it was funny but understandable from Tim's point of view. I didn't even understand why Tim got mad until I thought about it for a second. :49:

I guess they don't use that term in Australia much when referring to music.

On topic: I like most kinds of music as long as I feel it actually sounds like music. I don't like "words with a beat" most of the time and I've never taken a liking to incessant screaming.
 

Similar threads

Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
203
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
148
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Replies
0
Views
189
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Ronnie Coleman Feed
Top