• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My eating habbits... help is appreciated.

A

AD Morton

I know my eating habits are not correct "yet" but I hope I was looking for some input so at least my hard work of trying to eat right, is going in the right direction...
(I dont follow it too strictly but it is a blueprint of what my meals usually look like)

(7:30 A.M) 6 Eggs whites and one yoke,
+ 1/2 cup oats

(9:45 A.M.) 5 to 7 ounce chicken breast
+ some type of vegetable or fruit

(12:00 P.M.) Turkey sandwich on wheat bread with tomato, lettuce, onion

(2:00 P.M.) 5 to 7 ounce chicken breast
+3/4 cup steamed broccoli or steamed green beans

(4:30 P.M.) 1 cup of Solid White Albacore Tuna
+ 1/2 of oats

(4:45 P.M.) Pre-workout shake of NO-explode.

((((((WEIGHT TRAINING))))))

(6:00 P.M.) Post-workout shake of Whey protein isolate
+ 1 slice of white bread

(8:00 P.M.) 5 to 7 ounce chicken breast
+ 3/4 cup or steamed broccoli or steamed green beans

(10:00 P.M.) Protein of some sort I usually just get what I can...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chicken Breast is grilled with EVOO and Cavanders
Tuna is straight from the can (I know i have to much mercury in my system)
Oats are made with just dry oats and water no additives.

I know I do not have a correct diet, but since I'm unsure of a correct one I'm hesitant to go too hard core i'm my diet...
If anyone has tips, pointers, diets ideas, or just plan nutrition help, please reply or message my account.

German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what are your goals, do you have your stats handy?

A

AD Morton

Cont...

TO-----"German_Joe"

1st Question,

Short Term Goal:
I would like to do one cutting cycle before the summer is completely over... More to test myself, to see if I can do one effectively...
Long Term Goal:
Continue to get bigger and more proportionate... (not a very original goal)

2nd Question,

I'll be able to get the stats tomorrow, I don't have a tape measure handy...

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Diet looks fine to me. I mean if your not try to cut or gain but just maintain your look and eat healthy.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:uhoh2:

Have you thought of making out a meal plan for several days?
Have you thought of adding some variety to your meals?
Chicken is really nice to eat but not at half your meals every day, for weeks on end.
Can you explain what excatly is wrong with egg yolks that you wouldn't eat all of them.
Do you know how many calories you need and how many this adds?
Do you know the ratio's of the macronutrients? Are there enough fats?
Are you dieting for anything in particular or will calories and carbs remain constant?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Originally posed by Tim290280
Can you explain what excatly is wrong with egg yolks that you wouldn't eat all of them.

i know, it always irriatates me when i see this and someone isn't dieting hardcore for a show. there's nothing wrong with the yoke folks. the whole egg is only 70 calories as it is, you drop the yoke you lose all the nutrients and calories, not a good thing.

Fatality

Fatality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just a little tip, and I know I haven't talked in a while, for your post-workout meal, have the protein shake and a simple carb and skip the piece of bread. You can chow down your complex carbs about 45-60 minutes after your workout. This is important because after your workout, the blood should be in the muscles an not so much in your stomach to digest the foods if you were to have a heavy meal. The simple carb right after the workout will help in sparking your system in carrying out the digestion and transportation of nutrients. Hope this helped, other than that, it looks fine. What about water, what are your current consumption amounts for H2O?

A

AD Morton

TO-----"German_Joe"

Got my stats...(in inches)

Calves: 15.5
Thigh: 24.5
Hip: 38.5
Waist: 32.5
Chest: 44.5

Shoulder: 51.5

Arm: 15.5
Forearm: 12.25
Wrist: 6.8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO-----tim290280
1st question,
I actually haven't made a weekly meal plan, but that will be something I will work up soon to help me stay on track...

2nd question,
I would like more variety in my meal plan but like I said, this is mainly a blueprint of what a ideal day would look like. Sometimes i'll throw steak in substitute for the chicken breast when I can, but I dont have a recipe for a "clean" type of steak that I like (any suggestions for a clean steak?)

3rd question,
The reason I cook so much chicken is the fact that I can cook a lot of chicken (4 to 5 days worth) really cheap, and as mentioned I don't have a good steak recipe.

4th question,
I was under the impression that egg yokes had a fair amount of cholesterol in them... which I thought wasn't good for my health if I ate them on the daily.

5th question,
3664 calories is what my calorie requirements say... (I'm not sure if I did it just right)

6th question,
And i would like some help with the ratios of macronutrients in a cutting diet.
I'm unaware of my fat intake other than from the EVOO from the chicken breast, the natural peanut butter I snack on from time to time, and the yokes.

7th question,
I'm dieting to go through a cutting cycle, I'm not preparing for a show or contest. BUT I want to take it seriously to see what I'm capable of and I just plain need to know how to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TO-----Duality
Like I said above I was under the impression the yokes had cholesterol in them. (More then my body would be able to process if I ate it everyday.)

TO-----Fatality
What kind of simple carbs were you thinking of?

Last question,
I don't keep track of my water consumption cause I just drink water at every meal and usually sip on some throughout the day...(but i'm probably still not getting enough, so i'll try to keep track for a few days and make sure i'm getting enough.)

Thanks for the comments

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Beef and Lamb are actually reasonably lean meats (dependant on cut and breed line). People get caught up in these being fatty foods because of the dermal layer, something that can be easily removed. Reality is that it isn't that much fat most of the time (and you have very little fat intake from what I see) and we need that for hormone production and the like. I'm also a little sick of the "food is expensive" line. I can tell you right now that food is as cheap as it has ever been. Food and shelter are the only necessities we have, start treating food like it should be, i.e. worthy of spending your money on, everything else is an also ran.

Egg cholesterol :no: An average egg is ~50g, with probably 2/3 of that actually consumable. Of that the yolk consists of just under half the weight and 75% of the protein. Most eggs will give you ~10g protein. The actual amount of cholesterol in an egg is measured in micrograms and is such a non-issue. You'd get the same cholesterol from a serve of crisps/chips. Now put it in context with the fact that cholesterol is manufactuered in your body to be sent into the blood stream to go to cells, and dietry intake has minimal effect of blood cholesterol levels.

So the very few grams you take in from an egg, the limited effect this will have on your blood cholesterol level, the highly nutritious nature of the rest of the yolk and I can't see any reason to not eat the yolk.

If you have your intake needs worked out and the amount that this provides you should be able to do macro breakdowns pretty easily. You've obviously already added up the calories so what has come from protein (4) carbs (4) and fat (9). Recipes will be important if you are to live on such a bland diet for any length of time (I would last a week or so on this diet before going mental). Buy a book of muscle food recipes (I have two: John Beradi's and Muscle Gourmet) and troll some of the cooking sites.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
B Most eggs will give you ~10g protein.

Where are you getting your eggs from Tim??? :uhoh2:

Tim gives some great advice here. I would, as fatality touched on, include more carbs in your post workout meal. Some great choices include dextrose, waxy maize, glucose...just to name a few. While total caloric consumption will determine weight gain or loss, timing your consumption of carbohydrates and taking advantage of that insulin response would be beneficial in your situation.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
MetalMX

MetalMX

Where are your fat sources? Flaxseed oil/Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Nuts, Salmon, Avocados should all be included. Remember Protein and Fats are essential nutrients to the body carbs aren't. Also hormones are produced from cholesterol and the fat you eat in your diet. For me cutting, bulking or maintaining i like to keep my fats high particularly fish & flax in liquid form.

A

AD Morton

TO-----"tim290280"

1st response,
I'm usually throw in steak, salmon, tilapia, or turkey when ever I can. Believe me the constant chicken does get to me. Also I've been getting "Top Round" steak when I get it at my supermarket. As far as I know thats the leanest I can get around my area...

2nd response,
I understand that the yoke had my good qualities in it but I didn't know that the high cholesterol amounts really wouldn't affect me... so I'm going to be eating a few more in my diet now.

3rd response,
Thanks for the cookbook recommendations, I've been wondering if any good bodybuilding cookbooks existed.

TO-----"The Creator"

Thanks for the carb help, what kinds of foods have you taken after a workout to help?

TO-----"MetalMX"

I have bought Flax and Fish oil tablets, What MG doses and timing during the day or around the workout would you recommend?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd center your carb intake around your morning (meal 1) (20%), pre workout (20%) and post workout (25%). In the morning include a moderate amount of simple carbs to fill glycogen stores. Secondly, include complex carbs, of course. Pre workout, include complex carbs. Allow 1-2 hours before your workout to digest and utilize those carbs. Carbs fuel your workouts, not protein (or it shouldn't).

Egg yolks are fine. Do not think you will be cholesterol deficient. You need 300mg/day. Other sources contain cholesterol. 1-2 yolks/day is fine. If you need a protein source before bed whip up some egg whites or something along those lines.

Post workout include any form of what The_Creator listed; dextrose, maltodextrin, WMS, etc. Fruits should be avoided post workout, but this depends on the glycemic load (GL). Also, avoid fats post workout and include a minimal amount pre workout.

Get some sweet potatoes and add those as a carb source. If you're not on contest diet then protein sources don't need to be so limited. ANY meat, ANY fish, eggs, egg whites, chops, etc. The leaner the better. Trust me chicken all the time begins to taste like asss.

Good luck, keep us posted.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Trust me chicken all the time begins to taste like asss.
So are you trying to say that you've eaten a lot of chicken and it tastes bad or that you eat a lot of ass and it tastes like chicken?:wutyousay: