• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My MT Anabolic Halo review

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PRD HLO suppfacts LG 1

on day 3 of it

day 1 i took a scoop after work.

1.mixes well
2.tastes like gatorade with some bizarre cold feeling
3.goes down well

on day 2 after a workout i took 3scoops
1.muscle fatigue went away
2.felt like my muscles got full or something
3.calmed down and relaxed quicker

day 3 this morning i took a scoop right after waking up
so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ive been through a couple jugs of this and I must say that I think it is a very good product. Hope it works well for you bro!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Creator, Its going well, i notice after a workout like the one i did last with no pause/resting between sets, i usually would twitch or have muscle fatigue afterwards
but 30mins after drinking Halo it just went away.. its good stuff

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Sounds very promising then...might buy some and test it myself.
Thanks for the review :xyxthumbs:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
No problem man!, just beware to conserve the scoops, its hard not to spill some of the powder especially since they didnt make the opening wide enough for people with large or big hands, i always tend to spill some....

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah my roomie brought home 3 free jugs so I wasnt shy about using it. I would have 3 scoops after every workout!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats pretty good, 3 free jugs of it creator :hyperguy:

so far seems pretty good steve, hows recovery the day after/ when waking up aswel

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats pretty good, 3 free jugs of it creator :hyperguy:

so far seems pretty good steve, hows recovery the day after/ when waking up aswel

Its alright, i feel kinda warm when i wake up. and taking it.
dont feel bad though, like tired. :)

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mixed a scoop of halo with 5-7grams of pure Creatine ehtyl ester

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wouldnt halo already contain creatine?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IT doesnt have creatine ethyl ester

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After workout drinks are pure hype... Whole food is best!

Big VIC

Big VIC

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

why are they all hype I rather absorb carbs creatine bcaa and whey isolate faster the first couple of minutes and then like 45 minutes later a whole food meal but that is just me cause if you have some study or a good reason why they are all hype I would be glad to stop...

I am not saying MT has the best one or defending their product in any way I have not tried it. All I know is that the post work out products and stuff I have made increased my recovery that is all...

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You honestly believe that protein absorption really takes place that quick? I'll make you a deal you show me your studies and I'll show you mine!

Is there an actually study that proves this? Or is it something we've all seen in an ad??

I'll be right back with my support, just give me a minute. In the mean while you post up your study. Then we can compare!

youngmusclejock

youngmusclejock

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why are they all hype I rather absorb carbs creatine bcaa and whey isolate faster the first couple of minutes and then like 45 minutes later a whole food meal but that is just me cause if you have some study or a good reason why they are all hype I would be glad to stop...

I am not saying MT has the best one or defending their product in any way I have not tried it. All I know is that the post work out products and stuff I have made increased my recovery that is all...

You honestly believe that protein absorption really takes place that quick? I'll make you a deal you show me your studies and I'll show you mine!

Is there an actually study that proves this? Or is it something we've all seen in an ad??

I'll be right back with my support, just give me a minute. In the mean while you post up your study. Then we can compare!

Second, I don't think it's correct to say these products have helped with your recovery. If anything it could just simply be a placebo effect or your training just wasn't as intense as the day before. :wutyousay:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
mixed a scoop of halo with 5-7grams of pure Creatine ehtyl ester

CEE on its own is a waste of money. It degrades and is broken down into creatinine at a 25% faster rate then that of monohydrate. Furthermore, there's little evidence that proves it's absorption surpasses creatine mono. Thus meaning, it's hype.

Second this.

Not doubting you at all. But the rate that pwo drinks actually sped up recovery is probably minuscule. Very little can speed up recovery besides a balanced diet. Creatine does not speed up recovery (find me a study that contradicts this), BCAA's speed up protein absorption and of course their dextrose formula's secrete insulin.

However, if you think that's all that's in these things you're wrong. Sugars that are NOT suitable post workout. Ingredients that many feel are pointless...all for a rocket high price by none only, MT. Which on its own is a rip-off unless you can get it for free/discredited.

Whole food is better, that's unarguable; whey and dextrose/maltodextrin. Even arginine if wanted.

Not trying to start anything just really feel it's a personal option to take PWO drinks.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The bioavailability and absorption rate of whey is superior to most all whole foods. Does this make it a smart choice for meal replacement? No. Does it make it a smart choice for PWO? Yes. To say that post workout drinks are just hype is just not all that true. The body can absorb macro and micro nutrients at a much greater amount and pace immediately following workouts which makes it the ideal time for such supplements.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ No I know, of course whey is needed pwo. In summary I was speaking of the economical efficiency. I think the claims made from them, are hype.