• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

my training program

Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
Hello!

i am 18 years old boy from Finland. I have designed my own training program. So, what do you think?

Mon:

a-1 Clean & press 3x5
a-2 pull-ups 3x3

B-1 Deadlift 3x3
B-2 Dips 3x4

Wed:

A-1 bench press 5x5
A-2 Barbell row 5x5

Finisher: Kettlebell clean&press 20reps

a-1 Snatch 3x5
a-2 pull-ups 3x3

B-1 Deadlift 3x3
B-2 Dips 3x4
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Why no squats?
 
Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
I think squat isnt so necessary because there's lot of other multi-joint exercises.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Hello!

i am 18 years old boy from Finland. I have designed my own training program. So, what do you think?

Mon:

a-1 Clean & press 3x5
a-2 pull-ups 3x3

B-1 Deadlift 3x3
B-2 Dips 3x4

Wed:

A-1 bench press 5x5
A-2 Barbell row 5x5

Finisher: Kettlebell clean&press 20reps

a-1 Snatch 3x5
a-2 pull-ups 3x3

B-1 Deadlift 3x3
B-2 Dips 3x4
I get what you are trying to do here but just a couple of points.

Hamstrings really need to be worked in hip extension and knee flexion. Dependant on the type of deadlift you probably haven't got a real hip extension action there. Hammys are one of the most important pulling muscles in the body.

Rep ranges are consistent throughout the week, which indicates that you are likely to use the same loading. Don't. Either vary the rep ranges over the week for same exercises or use different loading (i.e. a speed day).

The a-1&2 I assume to mean supersetted. This is good..... but snatches and C&J are a technical and physically demanding lift that don't really need the offset and energy drain from supersetting. Either don't pair them or leave an interval between sets.

I agree with PV that you probably need a squat or possibly a lunge of some sort. Hamstrings and quads are the determinant of a good clean or snatch. So I'd either do a squat on the middle day or on the last day instead of the deadlift. I'd then also add a SLDL, GM or RDL to the opposite day (so SLDL on wed if squatting fri or vice versa).

Are you doing any progression intervals?
Do you have experience in the weightlifting moves?
Do you really need a kettlebell clean and press? I've heard and experienced them to be hard on the elbows.
 
Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
The a-1&2 I assume to mean supersetted. This is good..... but snatches and C&J are a technical and physically demanding lift that don't really need the offset and energy drain from supersetting. Either don't pair them or leave an interval between sets.

I agree with PV that you probably need a squat or possibly a lunge of some sort. Hamstrings and quads are the determinant of a good clean or snatch. So I'd either do a squat on the middle day or on the last day instead of the deadlift. I'd then also add a SLDL, GM or RDL to the opposite day (so SLDL on wed if squatting fri or vice versa).

Are you doing any progression intervals?
Do you have experience in the weightlifting moves?
Do you really need a kettlebell clean and press? I've heard and experienced them to be hard on the elbows.

Superset is that you don't rest between a-1&a-2? I was thinking, that i rest one minute after i've done a-1 and then do a-2.

What if i change kettlebell clean and press to squat?

And i do raw snatch and raw clean. Those are easier to do and i have experience from them.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Sorry define raw snatch and clean?

Yep the squat instead would be a good move. Although there is nothing wrong with finishers, I'm just thinking with the amount of overhead work and strain it will place on your arms that kettlebell C&P probably not the best.

1-3 minutes rest will help. Play that by ear, see how you go and whether increasing density of training is one of your desires. Yes superset is move straight to the next exercise.

Out of curiosity; how long have you been doing the weightlifts? Have you had any coaching?
 
Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
^^ Sorry define raw snatch and clean?

Yep the squat instead would be a good move. Although there is nothing wrong with finishers, I'm just thinking with the amount of overhead work and strain it will place on your arms that kettlebell C&P probably not the best.

1-3 minutes rest will help. Play that by ear, see how you go and whether increasing density of training is one of your desires. Yes superset is move straight to the next exercise.

Out of curiosity; how long have you been doing the weightlifts? Have you had any coaching?

Sorry, i screw up :D

I meant power clean and snatch.

i haven't done weightlifting regurlarly but first time i tried power clean i was 13 years old. My father has lift weights almost 20 years and he have been teaching lifts to me.

I am almost 6 foot and my weight is about 220 pounds (100Kg)
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Ahh I've got you now.

Yeh I moved away the full catch snatch and C&J to the power versions. I found that I needed coaching to get the power trasnfer correct, whereas the power clean and snatches are technically easier to do. I seriously recommend taking advantage of your dad's experience and coaching!!!
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ squats will built a lot of lowerbpdy strength and will help u improve ur other lifts for sure!
 
Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
Thanks for your quick answers guys. I'll let you know how the training starts in my own training log.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ great! looking forward to it!
 
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Mar 22, 2008
Messages
896
Points
18
You need more volume, frequency and direct leg work. Legs require the highest motor unit recruitment, which will dramatically change the design of this program if you want to make it through this mesocycle.

Kev
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
^^ certainly agree....strong legs is the base of a truly stong body!
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
good basic programme but I should ad squats.
squat squat squat. it is actually the basic exercise of strenght.

train hard buddy :)
 
Mr.Fire

Mr.Fire

Member
Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
21
Points
1
Ooh, lot of replies in my topic :)

I think i go with that program. I have done one week with it and it feels awesome. This is more deadlift-program. Next will be more about squats. I promise. :)
 

Similar threads

AlphaLifter
Replies
3
Views
87
Amanda_R
Amanda_R
CoachCelestine
Replies
3
Views
156
AlphaLifter
AlphaLifter
PumpChaser
Replies
1
Views
202
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
LiftWithPurpose
Replies
0
Views
227
LiftWithPurpose
LiftWithPurpose
Top