• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Workout, TIPS needed :D

G

GilZero

Hey ya'll, im new to this site and Im just looking forward to getting in better shape!

I play basketball but i've got a foot injury and therefore i havnt played in 3 months and wont play for 3 more. This motivated me to go to the gym more often and ive had some nice results, nothing bug though.

The thing is i need help with my current workout, om not realy bulking nor trying to cut. I cant get pics at the moment but ill describe myself :D

My arms are not realy defined at all when relaxed, and when i flex they are more buff than ripped (i need to developmy middle and back shoulders most of all). I've got small love handles but when i flex you can see a 4-pack and beggining of the last two in the lower region, i also get some lower ab definition. (that V shape, not that sharp though lol).

Stats:
Heigh: 180 cm. (5'11)
Weight: 75 Kg (165 lbs)
Squat: 80 Kgs. (havnt realy tried to get better here)
Bench: 65 Kg (recently started benching)
DL: will get help wiht form before i start.
Pushups (lol): 48.
Plank (ab thingy): 3min

I've started to workout 3 times a week since december and now recently i've started to go 4 times a week.

My workout:

Monday:
Regular bench, 2-3 reps x 3-4.
incline DB bench, 6-10 x 3-4
Squat, 5x3
8x4 DB shoulder press
10x3 bent over DB rows / rear delt machine,
10x3 front raise
Superset:

side lateral raise 6-8 reps then widegrip uright rows 10+ reps. this for three sets.

Wednesday:
10x3 bench
Squat ,5x3

then back workout, I do different machines etc, got it all covered. A good backworkout would be great since mine aint that good so to speak.

then I do Abs in the evening at home.

Friday:
closegrip bench or 5x5 bench.
squat 5x3.
3x maxreps dips.
5-10 x4 skullcrushers.
8-12 x4 lat pulldown.
8-10x3 bicep barbell curl

and the shoulder workout;

8x4 DB shoulder press
10x3 bent over DB rows / rear delt machine,
10x3 front raise
Superset:

side lateral raise 6-8 reps then widegrip uright rows 10+ reps. this for three sets.

That's pretty much it. PLEASE give me advice/rearrange (spelling?) the whole thing, My main focus right now is shoulders and chest. But tri/bi too.
Im pretty happy with my abs and back. (even though i need a good back routine).

Sorry for my bad spelling/grammar, english is not my mother tongue.

Best regards, Gil.

Reactions: TalkAdmin
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's great that you are benching and squatting every day, but you can't do the same exercise and rep ranges every time. Plus you really should have squats first. Plus you need hammy work to offset the squatting. Plus you need back work to offset the chest work.

Try thinking of a fullbody program that covers a quad, hammy, chest and back movement each day. Then chuck in accessories like shoulders, arms and calves. Also think of just one major movement for each area each day rather than two or more (e.g. bench for chest on day 1, incline on day 2, CG on day 3 not bench and incline day 1, etc).

G

GilZero

It's great that you are benching and squatting every day, but you can't do the same exercise and rep ranges every time. Plus you really should have squats first. Plus you need hammy work to offset the squatting. Plus you need back work to offset the chest work.

Try thinking of a fullbody program that covers a quad, hammy, chest and back movement each day. Then chuck in accessories like shoulders, arms and calves. Also think of just one major movement for each area each day rather than two or more (e.g. bench for chest on day 1, incline on day 2, CG on day 3 not bench and incline day 1, etc).

Okay thanks for the help man. I'll look around for a squat/bench program so i dont do the same reps etc. cheers :]

G

GilZero

So im thinking, if i go:
(will fix sets/reps for everything later)

day1:
Squat.
Bench
Lat pulldown/ sitting row. (any back exercise)
lying leg curl. (dont realy know name, lying down and pushing my heels to my but)
Shoulders
Biceps

day2:
squat
bench variation.
Some back exercise
barbell lunges
tricep

day3:
squat
bench variation/regular/CG
Some back exercise
leg press/calfes.
Bicep
shoulders
tricep.

will make a new template with exercises soon :) but is this what you mean i should aim for? :D

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
with this kind of routine, make sure your workouts differ in rep range and intensity.

G

GilZero

with this kind of routine, make sure your workouts differ in rep range and intensity.

Okay ;) So i'll just got around the 10x3 reps/sets on some workouts and then more strenght focused with lower reps on some i guess? And for bench/squat i will look up specific programs.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Maybe vary it so you do 3x10, 5x6, 10x3 rep/set combo through the week. I'd suggest doing to heavy sets at the beginning of the week when you are fresh from the weekend. Definitely try different exercise variations during the week. And make sure you include some weighted ab work which is essential for core strength when squatting.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So im thinking, if i go:
(will fix sets/reps for everything later)

day1:
Squat. 10x3
Bench 3x10
Lat pulldown/ sitting row. (any back exercise) 5x6
lying leg curl. (dont realy know name, lying down and pushing my heels to my but)
Shoulders
Biceps

day2:
squat 3x10
bench variation. 10x3
Some back exercise 10x3
GM
barbell lunges
tricep

day3:
squat 5x6
bench variation/regular/CG 5x6
Some back exercise 3x10
leg press/calfes.
SLDL
Bicep
shoulders
tricep.

will make a new template with exercises soon :) but is this what you mean i should aim for? :D

See what I'm doing there? Basically takes Freako's three ranges and places them over the week. On the heavy chest day (10x3) feel free to do bench before the squat if you lack the energy after squatting.

G

GilZero

See what I'm doing there? Basically takes Freako's three ranges and places them over the week. On the heavy chest day (10x3) feel free to do bench before the squat if you lack the energy after squatting.

Awesome thanks :). I've got one question though, is "GM" good mornings?

I worked out today and tried my new shoulder workout, felt good. But i cant realy target the "lower middle" of my shoulders, middle delts or w/e they're called, i tried upright widegrip rows but they only burned at the top of the shoulder you know, in the middle of the shoulder yes but only at the top. Maybe my form was bad, dont know :doh:

aaaanyway when i've finnished studying ( :doh::doh: ) I'll post the rest of my workout with every excersise, once again thanks to everyone here that's helped out :D

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome thanks :). I've got one question though, is "GM" good mornings?
Yes. But basically any hip based hamstring exercise is appropriate. GM's can be a bit dangerous, especially to new lifters who can't maintain a neutral spine at all times.
I worked out today and tried my new shoulder workout, felt good. But i cant realy target the "lower middle" of my shoulders, middle delts or w/e they're called, i tried upright widegrip rows but they only burned at the top of the shoulder you know, in the middle of the shoulder yes but only at the top. Maybe my form was bad, dont know :doh:
Upright rows are a crappy exercise (when the bar is pulled to shoulder or chin height). Plus they barely target anything other than traps. Lateral raises can hit the middle head of the delts, but once again hit a fair bit of traps. Plus lateral raises need to be kept in the scapular plane to not fuck your shoulder up. Better off just adding mass with some big compound exercises that hit it all.
aaaanyway when i've finnished studying ( :doh::doh: ) I'll post the rest of my workout with every excersise, once again thanks to everyone here that's helped out :D
Start a log in the log section if you haven't already.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
G

GilZero

Yeah ok, and good idea with the log :)

thanks ya'll

TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Some of the old posts here are really great guys. We need to bump some of these!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: underbody