• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Natural Bodybuilding is hard!

• Thread starter MuscleMecca Crew
  • Start date
MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew

MuscleMecca Crew
Staff
Author
Natural bodybuilding isn't for everyone and in professional bodybuilding it is pretty rare to say the least. There are even a few bodybuilders who pretend to be natural but really are not. To each his own though. Here is the truth about natural bodybuilding that you may not have heard before.

Natural bodybuilder

The Truth About Natural Bodybuilding
By Craig Simms

Over the decades, bodybuilding has evolved tremendously but it is generally understood that there are two main factions or philosophies of the lifestyle; natural bodybuilding and pharmaceutical bodybuilding. Around the time drug use entered the sporting arena, the lines between the two were more blurred and it wasn't particularly easy to spot an enhanced athlete. Today however, the line between the two can be more clearly defined. Those who take the chemical alternative have perfected the dosage combination's to develop muscles that far exceed even the most gifted of natural lifters. Just watching a natural bodybuilding show and comparing the contestants to it's professional counterpart, it's easy to view them as completely different sports, which they really are.

All bodybuilding associations promote natural bodybuilding, yet it is seldom practiced by the world's top bodybuilders. In fact, none of those at the peak of competitive bodybuilding are natural bodybuilders. The IFBB Mr. Olympia, considered by many to be the greatest bodybuilding title in the world, is an excellent example of pharmaceutical bodybuilding. In competitive bodybuilding, it seems that winning has everything to do with how you play the game. Pharmaceuticals such as diuretics, growth hormone, beta-blockers, insulin, EPO, amphetamines, steroids and countless other doping substances are the rule, not the exception. One thing that is often ignored is the damage that can result from using these substances.

Natural bodybuilding is an art and a science. The objective is to create a body that is beautiful to behold, resilient, strong, graceful, flexible, lean and highly functional. Natural bodybuilding represents a positive life-giving phenomenon. It is a form of training that creates and preserves form, function and health. Natural bodybuilding uses exercise, dietary supplements and a healthy diet to enhance immune function and increase resistance to degenerative disease. With each repetition, cells are flushed with life-giving oxygen and micro-nutrients. Waste is removed efficiently and quickly. When practiced correctly, it does not destroy or eliminate. It adds much more than symmetry and quality muscle, but gives you benefits beyond what can be seen with the naked eye.

Natural bodybuilding represents the truest element of bodybuilding by requiring a clean lifestyle which promotes the achievement of optimum health. Optimum health gives us the opportunity and insight to define our goals and the motivation required to achieve them. Once truly well, we are able to adapt to change and stress without significant damage. A healthy person is well-nourished and physically fit inside and out.

Those who lift weights or use their own body as resistance to achieve any degree of muscle tone, strength or power are engaged in "building" their body. This practice has numerous names - body-shaping, body-sculpting, resistance training, weight-lifting, weight training or working-out. Whatever you call it, if you pump iron you are bodybuilding to some degree. Competition level bodybuilders simply take the same process of training and dieting to an extreme level.

Natural bodybuilding avoids any chemicals or toxic substances. Natural athletes avoid banned substances for two reasons. First, the rules of natural bodybuilding clearly state that they are not permitted and second, crossing the pharmaceutical line reduces health, and health is what natural bodybuilding is all about. Therefore the destructive use of performance enhancing drugs is deemed unacceptable.

The idea of natural bodybuilding is to take your genetic potential to the maximum using supplements, training and high quality food. Health is never compromised for aesthetic value; rather aesthetics are altered in response to controlled exercise performed faithfully and always progressively. This creates a natural cause and effect, facilitated through both hard and smart work and constant vigilance. Biological bodybuilding provides us with the opportunity to challenge ourselves, outperform ourselves and demonstrate our potential. It is not about looking better than anyone else. The lifestyle encourages wellness and provides a reliable means of extending health span.

Craig is a top Vancouver personal trainer and owner of Transfigure - Personal Fitness Training in Vancouver, B.C.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jimmy and Jason_ke
C

Charles

Okay, I'm not a natural bodybuilder, but making broad statements like "natural bodybuilders work harder" is ridiculous.

Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think natural body building is contributed by good genes, eating well and doing manual work.

There are people I know who don't go to gyms but their body is built naturally while growing up. It's because of doing chores like carrying things around for example just fetching and carrying water for use, some are in the engineering sector where they do work that makes them grow strong and big while some people have those genes and it runs in their family. And you find such people eat big food while growing up because of the energy they need to do manual work.

They don't need supplements, injections or gym.

C

Charles

If you know what you're doing, it's not difficult at all. However, it takes longer than it does for unnatural bodybuilders, and you won't be able to become as huge as they can.

If it's difficult, though, you're probably not training correctly or hard enough

loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

Exercise is one feature for natural body building. And this with muscle building foods do contribute towards healthy body build up. Not fat but muscle is what one should go for. Six Abs is an ambition most youngsters look for and for that a disciplined lifestyle is called for

loveofbodybuilding

loveofbodybuilding

My brother had lovely arms that he developed using dumb bells. Even ladies can use dumb bells. Finally it is the muscle build up and not fat one should look for

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
My brother had lovely arms that he developed using dumb bells. Even ladies can use dumb bells. Finally it is the muscle build up and not fat one should look for
Man, those bells must be really dumb, but hey, if it works it works. lol

Reactions: KaiGold and TalkAdmin
TalkAdmin

TalkAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Staff
Man, those bells must be really dumb, but hey, if it works it works. lol
I don't know where these people come from.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

A

Athanas

I have seen many natural body builders who have managed to develop fantastic forms. Your statement is quite untrue.

Jason_ke

Jason_ke

Natural bodybuilding is the best because of the benefits it provides to the body. This requires total discipline and tolerance to achieve desired results in the physical outlook.

Health is indeed wealth, and a healthy body without any chemicals and toxics increases life span not only to a body builder but to any other person who wants a strong and healthy body devoid of disease.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Gadgithuku

Gadgithuku

While it seems a hard endeavor, I would rather stick to the art of natural bodybuilding. In my case, I do not intend to join any bodybuilding competition, and I work out to maintain my fitness. In this light, I understand that delayed gratification is critical. It means that workout results are imminent around two to three months after a consistent workout routine. Notably, this curve tends to permeate other areas of my life whereby I strive to build on my goals by being productive each day. It is only through compounding that an individual ends up seeing the results. Besides, natural body building gives muscles time to heal and longevity in strength.