• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Natural Pro Doug Miller CRAZZY

Cork

Cork

No need to get defensive, damn chewiebutts.

I think you misunderstood my point, or I just related it poorly. I didn't mean to insinuate that the IFBB guys do it only for money, because that's obviously not true. They could do a lot of other things and be more profitable if it were only for the money. I just meant that a natural guy can't make a living off of bodybuilding, he has to juggle a lot of other things.

But anways, Turk if you want to check out other naturals at the top of their game right now, check this out. The top competitors in the WNBF this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Here's a guy that knows conditioning:

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
While I don't disagree with your point I think it would be fair to say that there are more endorsement opportunities and prize money available to the non-natural pros.

Turkish or Shutupandsquat could comment more.

Another point is that you don't tend to make money as a pro unless you are the elite of the sport.

why & where do you disagree?
you dont tend? you DONT .. without the tend.
again whilst there are more endorsement opp there are also more, better and extreme people competiting for those said opportunities

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why & where do you disagree?
you dont tend? you DONT .. without the tend.
again whilst there are more endorsement opp there are also more, better and extreme people competiting for those said opportunities

I keep forgetting that English is like a third language for you :bitelip:

I said "I DON'T DISAGREE". As in, my agreement with your statement is somewhat conditional.

"Tend" because you can find plenty of amateurs and pros that do some interesting things to pay their way. One example would be Kai's infamous video. Another example would be personal training. Another example would be finding a sugar daddy.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I keep forgetting that English is like a third language for you :bitelip:

I said "I DON'T DISAGREE". As in, my agreement with your statement is somewhat conditional.

"Tend" because you can find plenty of amateurs and pros that do some interesting things to pay their way. One example would be Kai's infamous video. Another example would be personal training. Another example would be finding a sugar daddy.

i skimmed the post quickly, i didnt see it sorry.
but that has nothing to do with pro bodybuilding.. anyone can get big and do those things and who says you have to be big to do those nasty things?
they may have an advantage with personal training because of their fame and that they are a walking advertisement. Who says that the sugar daddy doesnt want small guys?

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe my eyes.

2m0do7-1.jpg

Thats so crazy....props to this guy

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the lighting is quite good.. like at the guy next to him, his shoulder also looks like its ripped

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex/Turk, did he say much about what he does for his prep cardio wise? He must work like a savage and do everything he can for every last striation.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flex/Turk, did he say much about what he does for his prep cardio wise? He must work like a savage and do everything he can for every last striation.
Huh? We've never actually met Doug Miller.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bad, I interpreted it from the first post that you met him in 2008.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
i think posting pictures of muntzer in this thread is a bit off topic dont you think?

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My bad, I interpreted it from the first post that you met him in 2008.
Nah, I found pictures of him somehow and checked out his website. Then, I showed Turk.

I'd like to meet him someday. I'm assuming he's got an absurd metabolism like your boy Liberatore.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ LOL.

EDIT: I lol'd @ dillated's post.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Don't wanna be nasty buf if that guy is natty, I'm Phil Heath.
About the money issue, a "low level" Pro, with a good sponsor and photo shoots can live off the sport, but won't be rich and surely must have a contingency plan.The guys who do every year the top 10-12 at the O, they earn very good money off endorsement and all the other things like clothing lines, photoshots and videos.But still, what they spend in gear, food, physical treatments take away a big percentage of what they earn.BBing ain't somethin you do for the money, when you aim to the top, you do it no matter what, money is secondary, obviously ain't bad, but when you start competing, you know money won't come except you are a genetic freak and rise fast.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't wanna be nasty buf if that guy is natty, I'm Phil Heath.
About the money issue, a "low level" Pro, with a good sponsor and photo shoots can live off the sport, but won't be rich and surely must have a contingency plan.The guys who do every year the top 10-12 at the O, they earn very good money off endorsement and all the other things like clothing lines, photoshots and videos.But still, what they spend in gear, food, physical treatments take away a big percentage of what they earn.BBing ain't somethin you do for the money, when you aim to the top, you do it no matter what, money is secondary, obviously ain't bad, but when you start competing, you know money won't come except you are a genetic freak and rise fast.

There is something like 263 IFBB pro bodybuilders. If you then look at the top 10 from the Mr O plus guys like Levrone and the like that make a living from the sport and round that number to 20-26 then you have a grand total of <10% of pro bodybuilders making a "healthy" living out of the sport. So my statement would actually be quite correct.

Oh and I'd like to hear from someone like Phil on this. They would have a far better idea than any of us. I suppose it is also conditional, some pros may be glad just to pay their way without having to have a side job, whereas that isn't necessarily comparable to other professions or sports.

R

rockhardman

i know it dont make sense like being so called "natural" and compete :umwtf:

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

There is something like 263 IFBB pro bodybuilders. If you then look at the top 10 from the Mr O plus guys like Levrone and the like that make a living from the sport and round that number to 20-26 then you have a grand total of <10% of pro bodybuilders making a "healthy" living out of the sport. So my statement would actually be quite correct.

Oh and I'd like to hear from someone like Phil on this. They would have a far better idea than any of us. I suppose it is also conditional, some pros may be glad just to pay their way without having to have a side job, whereas that isn't necessarily comparable to other professions or sports.
Well Phil is a superstar in the sport, turned Pro at 26 and won his first 2 competitions in the Pro circuit and became a dominant force in 3 years, while some guys needs lik 6-10 years to become even "decent" in the Pro rankings.Being a Weider athlete plus Met-Rx athlete I'm sure it pays off good especially when you are on the top like Phil is.Also it's up to how "sellable" you are, if you can relate with people, see the fans and everybody else and sell your image then your definetely gonna earn some money for sure.

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i think its harder than that to say who makes a healthy profit. because as you place higher you usually are bigger and hence are spending more on foods, supps, drugs and health-saving related products/activities.
remember the thread of jay cutler`s massages and therapies and shit?, if i`m not mistaken he spent around 10000 dollars per month JUST on those treatments. So whilst the tops do earn more, they also put out more, so i think it would be a question ofwho has the best > output minus input > actual spendable income.

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

i think its harder than that to say who makes a healthy profit. because as you place higher you usually are bigger and hence are spending more on foods, supps, drugs and health-saving related products/activities.
remember the thread of jay cutler`s massages and therapies and shit?, if i`m not mistaken he spent around 10000 dollars per month JUST on those treatments. So whilst the tops do earn more, they also put out more, so i think it would be a question ofwho has the best > output minus input > actual spendable income.
Yeah but Jay has a BIG endorsement contract with MuscleTech and he's a firm in the MaxMuscle store company, plus he has his own clothing line, then throw in the guestposing, the new MD Contract, and the fact that since 2006he lost only once and still was making good money incomes so...and considering his big house and the cars he has, he surely makes a good living but also bust his ass with all the things he has to do...

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah but Jay has a BIG endorsement contract with MuscleTech and he's a firm in the MaxMuscle store company, plus he has his own clothing line, then throw in the guestposing, the new MD Contract, and the fact that since 2006he lost only once and still was making good money incomes so...and considering his big house and the cars he has, he surely makes a good living but also bust his ass with all the things he has to do...

Just a quick point about image versus reality. Just because someone has a flash car or house doesn't mean they have money. They may not even be making the repayments on the interest and mortgaged up to the hilt. Most of the guys I've seen driving flash cars don't even have equity in the hub caps.