• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Navy Pedo Gets Honorable Discharge?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honorable discharge for this pedo? Wtf? He should get more than 6 months and a dishonorable discharge so that follows him for the rest of his life. AND hes a Master Chief, what a disgrace.

http://www.kitsapsun.com/news/2008/feb/16/master-chief-convicted-of-sex-crime-granted/

The Navy has granted an honorable discharge to a former Naval Base Kitsap command master chief who was convicted last year of attempted child rape.

Edward E. Scott, 44, once the local base's highest enlisted man, was arrested after a sting operation in which an officer posed as the mother of young twins in an online forum. Scott was met by police at a Bremerton motel where he had arranged to have sex with what he believed was the mother and both children.

Convicted and sentenced in June to nine months in jail and three years of intensive sexual deviancy treatment, Scott retired from formal service in the Navy on Jan. 31.

His rank was reduced to senior chief petty officer, but he was allowed to retire with benefits.

Discharge records are covered under the Navy's privacy act. Naval Base Kitsap spokesman Tom Danaher could not comment, but the Kitsap Sun has reviewed a report confirming Scott's status that has circulated through the criminal justice system.

The result is surprising to Kevin McDermott, a former Navy Judge Advocate who's worked in military law since 1978. He now practices in California, and has most recently defended war crimes suspects from the Iraq war.

"I don't know if I've ever heard of a serviceman being convicted of a sex crime, getting an honorable discharge," he said.

Scott, who served 25 years, chatted from his home and work computers with an undercover detective posing as a mother of twin 12-year-olds in early 2006. The detective arranged a meeting with Scott for sex at a Bremerton hotel before work March 16.

Detectives arrested him, and a month later he pleaded guilty to attempted child rape and communicating with a minor for immoral purposes, both felonies. Though he faced a 90-month sentence, a Superior Court judge allowed Scott to opt for a nine-month sentence if he would undergo treatment.

The Navy wouldn't comment on what proceeded internally before his retirement was completed. But McDermott said that according to protocol Scott would have had a hearing before a commanding officer, perhaps a captain or admiral, who would have likely conducted what's known as a "mast" hearing.

Such a hearing would have given his commanding officer the authority to reduce him one rank — which did occur — and to take away a limited amount of pay as well as restrict him to a base or quarters for a limited span of time.

However, his commanding officer could have referred Scott to a court martial, where he could have faced a dishonorable discharge, or a Navy "administrative separation board," which could result in a slightly less harsh bad conduct discharge.

Ultimately, McDermott said, the Navy could have tried him again for the same crimes as were filed in the civilian Kitsap County Superior Court, as the concept of double jeopardy doesn't exist in the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

In actuality, Scott was demoted one rank, honorably discharged, and retired with the benefits of the senior chief rank. He's due to finish the sexual deviancy treatment in March 2010, according to court documents filed in Kitsap County Superior Court.

The Navy's decision sends the wrong message to servicemen and women everywhere, said Glenn Maiers, a retired Naval Base Kitsap senior chief petty officer.

"What does that tell the (lower ranks)? The higher up in pay grade you are, the more you can get away with," he said.

Part of a wider trend, McDermott contends the Navy and the armed forces have not been "coming down as hard" on service members post-September 11th. From the military's point of view, the best theory McDermott has on the rationale is simply: "We need bodies."

In Scott's case, McDermott believes his honorable discharge could be a result of "karma." His long and successful career were simply too vast to overlook.

Scott, who joined the Navy in 1982, served as command master chief of not only Naval Base Kitsap, but also the USS Camden and the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group. His tour of duty has included time in Guam, Hawaii, Whidbey Island and San Diego.

He was the recipient of the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal and Good Conduct Medal.

"(His command) said, 'Thank you very much for your long and hard work,'" McDermott posited. "We're going to give you one tremendous kiss when you go."

TIMELINE

Feb. 12

Edward Scott enters "fetish12" a Yahoo! chat room, and meets "navydubletruble," a detective posing as a Navy wife. The topic turns to sex, involving the "Navy Wife's" fictitious 12-year-old twin children.

March 13

Scott tells the undercover detective to get a Bremerton motel room "with two beds."

March 16

Before work, the then-Command Master Chief of Naval Base Kitsap goes to a local motel in Bremerton at 5 a.m. He is met by Bremerton Police Detectives, who arrest him and interview him downtown.

March 19 and 20

Scott makes his first appearances in court after being jailed, as prosecutors file charges against him.

April 19

Scott pleads guilty to immoral communication with a minor and attempted rape of a child in Kitsap County Superior Court.

June 18

After delays, Judge Leonard Costello sentences Scott to a nine-month jail stay and a 3-year sex offender treatment program, known as a "special sex offender sentencing alternative."

Jan. 31

After completing his jail time, Scott is allowed to retire from the Navy under an honorable discharge — with one reduction in rank and no loss of benefits.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A fucking disgrace. The Navy should be hauled ovber the coals for permitting him to recieve and sort of honourable discharge or benefits.
The man is a fucking cunt and should be thrown inside and be completely disowned by the forces.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Fucking disgrace

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A fucking disgrace. The Navy should be hauled ovber the coals for permitting him to recieve and sort of honourable discharge or benefits.
The man is a fucking cunt and should be thrown inside and be completely disowned by the forces.

Fact.

I have two buddies in the Navy, and from what they've been exposed to and bounced back to me this branch of the service is extremely f&*%^$ up. Homosexual (and stright sexual) encounters, including rape, are rarely reported to senior officers. When they are, they're usually ignored. Drugs are an especially serious issue as well; one friend had a buddy OD on heroin in his bunk last week. What crewmen do on shoreleave, especially in foreign ports, is covered well or outright ignored by the local brass.

Including what is defined by U.S. law as child rape. Yay.

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fact.

I have two buddies in the Navy, and from what they've been exposed to and bounced back to me this branch of the service is extremely f&*%^$ up. Homosexual (and stright sexual) encounters, including rape, are rarely reported to senior officers. When they are, they're usually ignored. Drugs are an especially serious issue as well; one friend had a buddy OD on heroin in his bunk last week. What crewmen do on shoreleave, especially in foreign ports, is covered well or outright ignored by the local brass.

Including what is defined by U.S. law as child rape. Yay.

Don't base what the Navy is just off a few men Eric :eek5nono:

I know several people in the Navy and my Uncle was in the Navy for 17 years. All of which say the Navy was great and they love it very much.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's difficult to not have a take on a company/force/person as a whole when you are presented with an overwhelming information which is of such negative influence.
This example is no different to the way the police are portrayed as a negative force due to the behaviour of a few loose cretins. So I see where you are coming from.
However, whilst I don't doubt there are those who are doing the best, I think the point eric is making is not so much the lower down individuals being all to blame for indiscrepancies but rather the fact that people higher up in the command structure are so blatantly bending and ignoring moral and legal obligations to see that the force is behaving correctly a a whole and that people are treated fairly or with the relevant discipline when required.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
this is why draft may be a better way to go, the quality of the soldiers will increase. the way it is right now, i mean, most of the people, ok thats not right, alot of the people who choose to serve in the US army are scumbags. it attracts weaker, immoral individuals.

either the benefits must be increased further, and the selection of soldiers must be more focused on quality or maybe a draft should be considered. i think every man should have been in the army for a year anyway, it doesent hurt anyone to learn some dicipline and get some other type of life experience other than the ordinary 9-5 job...

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
this is why draft may be a better way to go, the quality of the soldiers will increase. the way it is right now, i mean, most of the people, ok thats not right, alot of the people who choose to serve in the US army are scumbags. it attracts weaker, immoral individuals.

either the benefits must be increased further, and the selection of soldiers must be more focused on quality or maybe a draft should be considered. i think every man should have been in the army for a year anyway, it doesent hurt anyone to learn some dicipline and get some other type of life experience other than the ordinary 9-5 job...
:uhoh2: @ everything you just said.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If there was a draft I think the quality of soldiers would go down. They'd draft anybody (imagine somebody like Hypo, but worse, being drafted :ughnoes: ).

The ARMY and National Guard already accept some of the biggest piles out there :49: Due to the fact they missed their quota either last year or 2006 they've been on the ball getting every retard they can find to sign up. This is going on whilst the Navy and Air Force are actually downsizing.

Personally, and this is horrible, when I think of the ARMY or National Guard, I think 'lame' because of all the retards I've seen sign up or out and about.

When I think Air Force, I think smart guy(Glex for example). When I think Navy, I think, well, sailor, a hard working guy doing his job :e5dunno:

Don't ask me what I think when I think 'Marine' :disgust:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The only discharge the twat should have got was bloody anal discharge from Big Bubba who is his prison cell.

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Don't base what the Navy is just off a few men Eric :eek5nono:

I know several people in the Navy and my Uncle was in the Navy for 17 years. All of which say the Navy was great and they love it very much.

My apologies Tweak; I shouldn't have posted in such a way that implied generalization. I should have detailed that areas of the service are in need of repair instead of leaving it up in the air like that; such wasn't my intent, but I should've been more aware of the possibility of it. I have an extremely deep regard and respect for those who've served our nation both past and present; sorry to have tossed out a mixed signal.

@Bulkboy : While a draft could possibly bring in some capable individuals (there's a reason we refer to those who served in WW2 as the greatest generation), they would be severely outnumbered by those who would be anything but. (All of my following comments are directed at the draft instated during the Vietnam War, which is basically how America would approach the situation in this day and age)

A draft is a mandatory conscriptment of a specific age demographic, usually starting in the 18-25 range. There is no choice in regards to your enlistment, and if you attempt to resist or deny the summons, you're basically hunted down and arrested. The military isn't picky about who they take either; first or second year high school dropouts are a dime a dozen.

During the Vietnam conflict, virtually all of our personel after 1967 were there as a result of the draft; this rose to a near total number in 1968. The forced preperation that soldiers undergo in this type of a situation is a poor substitute for the more thorough training our military personel usually receive due to the immediate need for the recruits themselves. The brass wants bodies in the field quicker, but all it really results in are more bodybags being shipped home.

A draft also stresses the logistical nature of a military body, especially when it comes to post-conflict processing. Little care is taken with those who've served, hence the huge amounts of PTSD and other associated illnesses common in Vietnam veterans. Add in the multiple tours we currently have in our campaigns in Irag and Afghanistahn (sans the draft, but the poor services provided to soldiers are still there) and you're cooking up a recipe for disaster.

A draft also undercuts the homefront badly. A rising generation is swept away in the public's eye, being returned badly scarred and abused later down the line. Anti-war sentiment spreads like wildfire, and as a result a huge degree of antipathy is directed at the government, and unfortunately law enforcement as well:disgust: Look to the campus and public riots throughout the late 60's and mid-70's for an all too complete example of this. A gulf is driven between the government and the people as a result of a draft, a breach that never fully heals. Probably the worst result of a draft-driven war is the resentment that's placed on those who serve; I personally feel the most shameful chapter in American history was during the people's scorn of veterans from the Vietnam War.

Former President Dwight D. Eisenhower (former supreme commander of all Allied forces in WW2, as well as the first supreme commander of NATO in 1951) spoke against the dangers of the Military Industrial Complex back in 1953. He warned against its controlling influence and the ruin it could bring to our nation. The greatest military figure in the world saw this over fifty years ago, yet those in power chose to ignore the warning due to their own personal interests. We are now fully in the palm of this insidious disease, and the current (and likely future) administration has no qualms about keeping us in it. A draft is one of the most dominant showings of power from this horrible cabal, bending and bleeding an entire nation to solidify profits and their own agendas.

Drafts are bad. That is all.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I dont believe draft is the way to go... but i do think all males should have to at least go through bsic training. Would do a lot of people a lot of good.

Mygeeto

Mygeeto

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the pedo should be shot out of one of those big guns they have on a battleship

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
drafts?

i think only people who have never been in wars desire other people to go to one

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Not McCain; he's set a new level of disregard from veterans to servicemen:no:

Deathmaggot

Deathmaggot

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont believe draft is the way to go... but i do think all males should have to at least go through bsic training. Would do a lot of people a lot of good.

do you still think the army make the men more macho?

your idea is good, but you know thats not how the army/draft/"you basic training" would work

oh McCain, it would be an spectacle to behold a gobernor/empereror/whatever leading his troops to battle and fighting their own wars