• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

New Back Routine Needed

S

Spicous

i've been using the same back routine for awhile now and i feel like i already plateau'd on it
my current routine is

lat pull downs front and back
barbell rows
dumbell rows
and deadlifts to hit the lower back

can someone hook me up with a new back routine?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wide grip chins-add weight if needed
T-bar rows-old school bar in the corner
Lat pull down-alternate grip by session
Rack deadlifts-start at the patella

I think this routine would work great for adding some quality size. Although they are all somewhat compound, this pretty much gives you 2 exercises for width and 2 for thickness. I would do no more than 12 sets (and thats a push depending on your level and experience).

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

I would try a routine like this

deadlifts
Dorian (underhand) lat pulls (shoulder width grip)
bent over barbell row
one arm db row
t bar row (grip bar, don't use handles)
and finish up with some pull ups (palms away from u)

this will give you a good mix of both thickness and width

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i've been using the same back routine for awhile now and i feel like i already plateau'd on it
my current routine is

lat pull downs front and back
barbell rows
dumbell rows
and deadlifts to hit the lower back

can someone hook me up with a new back routine?

i think if you stagnant it could be not so much from exercises but from doing the typical 4 exercise split training routine.......maybe try a different protocol of upper/lower or even full body training........instead of doing 3-4 exercises in one session.....train back 2-3 times in a week and do only 1-2 exercises for back at a time and cycle through different exercises!

look into DC training maybe.......

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Deadlifts, barbell rows, pullups or pulldowns, low rows or standing dbl arm db rows (a db variation of a bent over barbell row - they give a good outer/lower squeeze). Work the deadlifts up to 1 set of 3 (maybe go 10, 8, 6, 3), then immediatly back off enough weight to do a hard 8. Barbell rows do 1 to 2 warm up sets, 1 heavy set of 6 to 8, pullups 2 sets to failure at 6 to 8 using weight if needed then an immediate drop of weight and burn out or if not using weight jump to a weight assist machine and counter weight with enough weight to get at least 8 more reps (use same protocol or reps if you choose pulldowns, but choose pullups more often), low rows or dbl db row - 2 hard sets of 6 to 8 then immediately drop for a burn of 8 to 12 more hard reps. Every 3rd workout reverse the order, which means you will need 1 or 2 warm up sets on the low rows or dbl db row. That is just an idea, good luck.

qweasd1

qweasd1

for me barbell rows with dambell rows are enough for me ,
some times deads are done . but with really high intensity
(8 or 9 reps maximum).4 sets each .

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
deadlift (i personally like sumo dead.. many other guys love rack deads, and regular deads)
barbell rows
wide grip pull ups (if you cant do these then lat pulldowns)

Paulie

Paulie

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wide grip chins-add weight if needed
T-bar rows-old school bar in the corner
Lat pull down-alternate grip by session
Rack deadlifts-start at the patella

I think this routine would work great for adding some quality size. Although they are all somewhat compound, this pretty much gives you 2 exercises for width and 2 for thickness. I would do no more than 12 sets (and thats a push depending on your level and experience).

I like your routine best. Got all the goodies in there. :xyxthumbs:

S

Spicous

thanks ima try it out

i got moderate experience been lifting seriously 8 months my dad was a compettion power lifter so i got pretty good technigue and stuff

J

jolly roger

You could eventually toss in some revers grip BB rows and cable rows (various grips). I don't do much cable stuff, but I've always found cable rows to feel good.

Also, I believe the body adapts to rep schemes quicker than movement changes - so don't forget to switch up the sets/reps (more often than switching up movements).

Good luck.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff