• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Nickelback Fail

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Dude i didn't say I only like heavy shit... you need to stop taking shit out of context. And all you really listed was oldies bands and easy listening old lady music. What can I say, your taste in music is clearly very poor and or your just really really old. If you want i can list off numerous great Canadian bands new and old.

And I agree on the fact most of today's "radio" bands are ripping off music. I'm not a fan of most mainstream pop bands. But there is alot of great indie bands and underground music, you just gotta look for it :D

Cheers Tim!
 
Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
4,816
Points
38
Nickelback fails everytime they try to make music...
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Dude i didn't say I only like heavy shit... you need to stop taking shit out of context. And all you really listed was oldies bands and easy listening old lady music. What can I say, your taste in music is clearly very poor and or your just really really old. If you want i can list off numerous great Canadian bands new and old.
:rofl3: Pots calling kettles? You couldn't even wait one sentence to do the very thing you just criticised.

More FAIL.

Besides the list I generated came from the fact that I looked up Canadian band lists and they were the only names I recognised. I knew of one Canadian band and that is The Tea Party (they considered Perth, W.A. their second home and Jeff Martin even moved here for awhile and had his first kid here). I actually like a very large range of stuff. Just this week I've been listening to classical music because it was the only radio station that didn't suck.

And I agree on the fact most of today's "radio" bands are ripping off music. I'm not a fan of most mainstream pop bands. But there is alot of great indie bands and underground music, you just gotta look for it :D

Cheers Tim!
At least we agree on one thing. :thumbsup2:
 
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
2,658
Points
36
Classical music is great, for the most part anyways. Looks like we agree on more than one thing!
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
Summary: Beau Fail because he is from Failanada.

Failanada? Really Tim? Really? As far as a play on words that is pretty lame, and one could say full of fail.

Canada has produced some of the most acclaimed bands/musicians around. The newer screamo, metal scene in Canada is excellent. Due to my Irish heritage I am partial to some eastern Canada rock.

However I have listed off many great Canadian bands, that more than cancel out Nickelback and Celine Dion. Hell, Neil Young and BTO alone kill off all the bad.

So Tim, what great bands have come out of Austfailia?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ I did it for the lulz :wutyousay:

Good Aussie stuff?

AC/DC


Only really need to say that but I'll add a couple more:
The Mark of Cain
Silverchair (before they started sucking)
Eskimo Joe (again of late they have started to suck)
Butterfly Effect
Bodyjar
Butterfingers
Daddy Cool
Nick Cave (in whatever band or solo effort he has done in the past 30yrs)
Nokturl (Fave of Dave Grohl's)

There are others that have had international success and that people like, but I don't like them.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Good Aussie stuff. My band played with this band last night. Fuckin epic! hah

Dungeon (now LORD)

*cough*
Lord - On a night like this
 
Last edited by a moderator:
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Good Aussie stuff. My band played with this band last night. Fuckin epic! hah

Sounds very much like Vanshing Point, another Aussie prog metal band.
 
R

Ryeland

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
490
Points
16
^^ I did it for the lulz :wutyousay:

Good Aussie stuff?

AC/DC

There we go! Finally the AC/DC card is played. I won't say a single ill word of AC/DC as that would be heresy. I love their music. Perhaps its not Austfailia afterall.

And if your poor play on words was for teh lulz it shall be laughed at.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Top