• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

NIU Shooting blamed On Video Games

P

Pain

VIP
Florida attorney Jack Thompson has appeared on Fox News this morning as a "School Shooting Expert", blaming 27-year-old sociology grad Steven Kazmierczak's rampage yesterday at Northern Illinois University on - you guessed it - video games like Counter-Strike. Kazmierczak, identified only this morning, walked onto a lecture hall stage dressed in black and opened fire on a crowded science class, killing six students before taking his own life. As always, no evidence has been found linking Kazmierczak to video games, Counter-Strike or otherwise, but Thompson never let a lack of evidence keep him from shooting off his mouth. I imagine his ears perk up like a dog hearing its master's voice the moment a terrible tragedy like this occurs. We're currently looking into Kazmierczak to see if there is any sort of video game connection. We'll keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Fuck Fox News.
Fuck Jack Thompson.

Ignorance is very frustrating.

P

Pain

VIP
He also blamed the VT shootings on video games.

People have been killing people before videos games were even a thought, someone should tell him that. There are millions of things that could anger someone, pointing to video games is just ignorence, movies are alot more violent than video games will ever be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
He'll blame any shooting on video games. Sounds like the shooter from Virginia Tech hadn't played Counterstrike in many years, yet that apparently was the game he used to "train." He worshipped the Columbine shooter well before Counterstrike was even released so this man is full of shit.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I have an urge to shoot him in the head.... is it because I played video games when I was younger?

P

Pain

VIP
Unless you're going into war, learning how to fire at defenseless and unaware kids isn't going to take much training. For all Jack knows, the kid could've spent night in and night out in the woods firing off his gun to get ready for the shooting.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jack Thompson is a moron...REALLY hate that guy.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A little bit of info for you all

when Doom came out back in 1994 i believe i was 7
i played it easily, i knew cheat codes etc, then i got my mittens on Doom 2
then final doom for my bday in 1996, got Quake, Quake 2, on and on
shit, all my life circled round violent games constantly, these douchebags have nothing else
to blame it on... so they keep using video games as a reason over and over
some people out there can and probably might've done it cus of games
cus i've met some serious weirdos who never put down the controllers (or Mouse)
and always seem very very fidgety, i suspect besides games its other things that build up
it can't be just the games, not one fucking thing, its other issues personal issues some keep playing these to get away from stress or cus they got hooked on it improperly
i play them cus i know killing people in real life is illegal, and the best way to do it is virtual, if you take away violent games, i bet my life that there would be even more violence (schools, colleges) how else would people easily fend off stress and anger.