• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

No Direct Anterior Delt Work = BIG Delts. Make sense?

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you are doing barbellpress hold your thumbs parallell to the floor :xyxthumbs: by doing so, your body changes slightly and you start to work your side delts more instead of the front...one more thing you could do is, while doing side laterals, point your thumbs down towards the floor...that changes your body a little bit and involves close to only the side delts :xyxthumbs:

Besides that do lots LOTS of rear delt work. Cause its there the shoulder width is :)

Dude PLEASE explain this for detailed... PLEASE, I`m begging you.
I don`t understand the positioning... any pics of such variations ? I am much interested.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
I did a quick pic in photoshop....this is the grip I use for shoulder press

And with the side laterals ....just point one of the sides of the dumbbell down..and then do the movement

Last edited by a moderator:
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
FUCK, I don`t understand the last one... =,(

Sorry for being retarded, I just cannot understand the word formation in the sentence. English are not if my firzt languagogoge.

And does the grip for the shoulder presses really target more the central deltoid ? Source ?

Although I fucking love you already for this info, thank you :3
MOAR plz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
FUCK, I don`t understand the last one... =,(

Sorry for being retarded, I just cannot understand the word formation in the sentence. English are not if my firzt languagogoge.

And does the grip for the shoulder presses really target more the central deltoid ? Source ?

Although I fucking love you already for this info, thank you :3
MOAR plz.

When holding the dumbbells, rotate your elbows out (make them point away from your body) after thats done, do the movement you normally do, but with your elbows pointing away from your body

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Most people lack in the side and rear delt area anyway, so it makes sense to give them more attention.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree fully and have been applying that theory to my delt training for years. Your anterior deltoid gets trained on chest and overhead presses, for such a small muscle that is too much to train it by itself.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree fully and have been applying that theory to my delt training for years. Your anterior deltoid gets trained on chest and overhead presses, for such a small muscle that is too much to train it by itself.
Agreed. If you by force want to train your anterior deltoids too, you should start you shoulder workout either by training your lateral or posterior deltoids first. After you've done those, then do a couple of sets of shoulder presses or something like that. This method at least causes a great pump.

K

kralleyeah

what kind of face pulls??

cable'n'rope, dumbbells or...??

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

reaver04

Is it a good idea to go heavy on rear delts to buld mass or stay light?

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Is it a good idea to go heavy on rear delts to buld mass or stay light?

The rear delt is as any other muscle on your body. Train it hard and strict and it will grow :xyxthumbs:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 good pressing movements...1 side lateral movement and training rear delt with back works for me! do some reverse peck deck flyes right after back!!gives a good pump!!

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Ive only just started to not isolate the anterior delt... and i have to say its worked wonders. side and rear delts are coming up fantastically as well because of it.

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 good pressing movements...1 side lateral movement and training rear delt with back works for me! do some reverse peck deck flyes right after back!!gives a good pump!!
Very often 2 pressing movements is just too much. You really should concentrate to your lateral and posterior delts. One good option is to do some pressing movement at the end of the shoulder workout when the delts are already pumped up!

Besides...the thread is about no direct anterior delt work and you come in suggesting to do 2 pressing movements. :keke: