• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Novice here in need of some serious help!

M

MuscleMilk Man

Hi all, Looks like im the new guy. Well let me just go ahead and tell u im just your avg. joe who's only 19, I work on a ranch, and never really lifted weights. I'd like to start but I don't really know what I am doing. I have a bowflex ultimate 2 that I play around on. Im 6'1" weighing in at 200lbs and dont have a clue as to what my body fat % is? Im not obese but id like to lose the fat in my mid section and add some serious muscle!!! :dunnodude: I use muscle milk powder and hypergain supplements by as research. I try and work out every other day and keep the weight heavy. Like 1 set 8-12 reps on each muscle. Is that right? What do I do? critique me :ughnoes:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
How do buddy.

If you have access to rudimentary weights then use them wisely.

Squats, bench presses, chin ups, rows, deadlifts, dips, curls and you should be fine.

Do a couple of warm up sets then 2 or 3 sets with a weight you can get 6-10 out of. Don't make it any more confusing than you need to. Train 3x a week if you can and be patient. If you've never really trained before then hopefully you should make good gains early on.
Have a pre and post workout shake and try and eat something every 2.5-3 hrs - not loads of food but enough to keep your body anabolic.
Don't focus on the midsection weight - as you train and do the core lifts like deadlifts it'll strengthen your core muscles and expend the excess calories which will help wittle the weight down.
There is no magic formula - just be consistent with the right exercises and be patient.
Good luck buddy.
Check out some of the logs in the training section to get some idea on routine structure, and check the sticky "Split Training - All wrong" at the top of the page. But to be honest you won't go far wrong just doing the exercises I've set out at the start.

M

MuscleMilk Man

Thanks man! I appreciate your info! :linedrunk:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Totally agree with Rocky. Stick to the basics and workout hard. Search for Rippetoe or 5x5. Both great FB programs.