• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Oatmeal to lose weight but maintain nutrients

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
I have been reading about some celebrities who are subsisting on oatmeal when they want to lose weight. One of them is an action star who is vocal about his passion for oatmeal. He said that he doesn’t gain weight no matter how much oatmeal he eats and he feels very healthy. In fact, his stamina has increased when he started eating oatmeal. My question is the taste of oatmeal that my taste buds would surrender on day 2. It is a boring food that I don’t think I could eat every day.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
Oatmeal is a whole grain and a good source of fiber and has a lot of vitamins and minerals- but I can see oatmeal getting very boring fast. I would think to get a bit more creative, like adding some almond milk for taste to it when you are cooking, also it's low in calories as well. Another idea to give it some great taste, is to add some water mixed with pineapple juice since the pineapple juice could be strong- and this would give you some tropical style of oats.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
I eat oatmeal as a meal substitute whenever I want to trim down but I can't eat it daily. It's too bland and if I put in sweeteners, it won't be good for my diet. Oatmeal eaten plain or with a little sweetness from fruits and nuts can give our bodies fiber and a lot of anti oxidants. It also is a low calorie food that's why it's good for weight-loss.
 

Similar threads

Top