• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Obama lifts ban on taxpayer funder abortions

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
People can't afford to live in houses, but there's money to give to dumbass sluts who get knocked up!

:doh:

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama on Friday quietly ended the Bush administration's ban on giving federal money to international groups that perform abortions or provide information on the option. Liberal groups welcomed the decision, while abortion rights foes criticized the president.

Known as the ``Mexico City policy,'' the ban has been reinstated and then reversed by Republican and Democratic presidents since Ronald Reagan established it in 1984. Democrat Bill Clinton ended the ban in 1993, but Republican George W. Bush re-instituted it in 2001 as one of his first acts in office.

A White House spokesman, Bill Burton, said Obama signed an executive order on the ban, without coverage by the media, late Friday afternoon. That was in contrast to the midday signings with fanfare of executive orders on other subjects earlier in the week.

Obama's action came one day after the 36th anniversary of the Supreme Court's landmark Roe v. Wade ruling that legalized abortion.

The Bush policy had banned U.S. taxpayer money, usually in the form of Agency for International Development funds, from going to international family planning groups that either offer abortions or provide information, counseling or referrals about abortion. The rule also had prohibited federal funding for groups that lobby to legalize abortion or promote it as a family planning method.

Both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who will oversee foreign aid, had promised to do away with the rule during the presidential campaign. Clinton visited the U.S. Agency for International Development on Friday but made no mention of the step.

Obama has spent his first days in office aggressively signing executive orders reversing Bush administration policies on issues ranging from foreign policy to government operations. TV cameras were invited in for Wednesday's announcements on ethics rules and for Thursday's signing of orders on closing the Guantanamo Bay prison camp and banning torture in the questioning of terror suspects.

In a move related to the lifting of the abortion rule, Obama also is expected to restore funding to the U.N. Population Fund (UNFPA), probably in the next budget. Both he and Clinton had pledged to reverse a Bush administration determination that assistance to the organization violated U.S. law.

The Bush administration had barred U.S. money from the fund, contending that its work in China supported a Chinese family planning policy of coercive abortion and involuntary sterilization. UNFPA has vehemently denied that it does.

Organizations that had pressed Obama to make the abortion-ban change were jubilant.

``Women's health has been severely impacted by the cutoff of assistance. President Obama's actions will help reduce the number of unintended pregnancies, abortions and women dying from high-risk pregnancies because they don't have access to family planning,'' said Tod Preston, a spokesman for Population Action International, an advocacy group.

Anti-abortion groups criticized the move.

``President Obama not long ago told the American people that he would support policies to reduce abortions, but today he is effectively guaranteeing more abortions by funding groups that promote abortion as a method of population control,'' said Douglas Johnson, legislative director of the National Right to Life Committee.

Obama also is expected at some point to lift or ease restrictions on federal money for stem cell research, an issue that divides people along similar battle lines, but there was no word about any action on that Friday. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has expressed interest in pressing legislation on stem cells in the first 100 days of the new Congress if the new administration doesn't act.

Some scientists want broader use of embryonic stem cells than is currently allowed, hoping for new treatments for many diseases. Obtaining stem cells from four- or five-day-old embryos kills the embryos, and many opponents see that as taking life.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i agree

throwing some money at facilities that will help give women abortions that otherwise would have produced children no one has the means to take care of nor want is a good thing. we don't need more people in the US, let alone people no one wants to take care of.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
^ i agree

throwing some money at facilities that will help give women abortions that otherwise would have produced children no one has the means to take care of nor want is a good thing. we don't need more people in the US, let alone people no one wants to take care of.

I think the benefits will be even greater internationally, especially in developing countries like in Africa where population growth is rampant and unchecked and also those war-torn countries where rape is common.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
international groups that perform abortions?

Forgive my ignorance...but does this mean that money is being sent to other countries?

So, US taxpayers are paying for foreigners to get abortions?

I don't even understand the logic in this.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP

Forgive my ignorance...but does this mean that money is being sent to other countries?

Its humanitarian aid, what's not to understand?

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
I think the benefits will be even greater internationally, especially in developing countries like in Africa where population growth is rampant and unchecked and also those war-torn countries where rape is common.
Not our problem.

We have our own problems.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Obama is getting to work. Good shit.

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
Its humanitarian aid, what's not to understand?
How about we send some humanitarian aid to the people in the United States.

Then, once all our problems are fixed....we'll see if we can help the poor people in Africa.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
How about we send some humanitarian aid to the people in the United States.

Then, once all our problems are fixed....we'll see if we can help the poor people in Africa.

Well hopefully you can do both. :gaysign:

Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
As the world's superpower I think it would be good of you to give assistance to those less fortunate.
Superpower? Maybe in a military sense.

Our economy is getting fucked in the asshole. The federal government should be pinching pennies right now....not giving handouts to floozies in third world countries.

theweapon

theweapon

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well hopefully you can do both. :gaysign:

as president of the united states i think he should worry about the US first and then help other countries. his main priority should be the US, although i do agree with helping other countries no doubt. i think so far hes heading the right direction.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Superpower? Maybe in a military sense.

Our economy is getting fucked in the asshole. The federal government should be pinching pennies right now....not giving handouts to floozies in third world countries.

I think its fair to say that a fucked economy is a world-wide phenomenon at the moment. And he didn't say he is going to be giving handouts, he is just making it legal to do so.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i didn't catch that....really?

if that's the case, then NO we should not be shipping out aid to other countries when we have plenty of our own problems. i'm sick of people thinking the US should help everyone. we should help our own before we help ANYONE else.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Honestly the America will always have problems, people will always get prego, kill one another be homeless, live off welfare wiht 9 kids and no job, never vote but internationally we can make a difference.

He is handling the american image that is currently covered in shit, this will aid and help the world look at us a bit more positively.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i agree

What? arent you a Christian or am i wrong?

And aside from that i think it is utterly despicable and disgusting that Obama is using tax payer money to fund world wide/nation/ any abortions. Abortions in general disgust me.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What? arent you a Christian or am i wrong?

And aside from that i think it is utterly despicable and disgusting that Obama is using tax payer money to fund world wide/nation/ any abortions.

i don't identify with any religion really (though if i had to say i was something i would lean the most towards the chritian faith). i have a strong faith and God and try to live my life by the golden rule, that's my religion.

and the sad truth is ben we do need women who don't want children to abort them. the world, as we one day will, is starting to face population issues with the huge booms in growth from other nations. we don't need more children in the world that no one wants to take care of. it's a major burden on any government.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I can't believe some of these comments...

I'm not religious, but I am pro life. 90%+ of abortions are for birth control, and these in NO way should be funded. Left up to the states to decide? Sure... but there is no way that the government should pay for this.

How is this going to reduce the number of pregnancies/abortions? It's the opposite, maybe if people (not just the women) knew that if a woman got pregnant, big brother government wasn't going to be there to pay and take care of them, they wouldn't take the risk.

Really, I have little sympathy for women who get pregnant and don't want to (please don't nitpick and mention rape)... it's as easy as this.

1) condoms
2) birth control
3) pull out
4) morning after pill

... simple.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i don't identify with any religion really (though if i had to say i was something i would lean the most towards the chritian faith). i have a strong faith and God and try to live my life by the golden rule, that's my religion.

and the sad truth is ben we do need women who don't want children to abort them. the world, as we one day will, is starting to face population issues with the huge booms in growth from other nations. we don't need more children in the world that no one wants to take care of. it's a major burden on any government.

So treat others as though they were you? Kill them? Any ways im not going to get into that with you.

No the sad truth is that we live in a society that glorifies sex and it is not only accepted but expected by the young members especially in our society. The solution to over population is not genocide. Young people are more uneducated than ever these days it seems. Some of the kids i hear walking the halls at school blow my mind it is like their thinking involves no logic what so ever. And not every young person is like this but i would consider it to be the majority just from what i have seen, and that may be unique to my experience it may not be.

The other problem with abortion is that it does not make people take responsibility for their own actions(with the exception of rape). " wasn't Obamas inaugural speech mentioning heavily personal responsibility and hard work, and loyalty, justice ect ect it is not only ironic but it is hypocritical of him to be willing to foot the bill for irresponsibility. All these children we don't want to take care of" come about by decisions we have definite control over and things people choose to do. Responsibility and self restraint are the words that need to be mentioned here.

What is the purpose of sex? I mean the biological function it serves? That is my point you cannot make a decision to have just the pleasure of sex with out taking up the responsibility that possibly comes with it in the event the woman becomes pregnant.