• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official MMA News/Discussion Thread

• Thread starter CaptainCharisma
  • Start date
Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
UFC 84 was a great card...one of the better UFC's in awhile

But UFC 85 sounds pretty damn lame...the Affliction card in July is pretty insane though.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: June 15th, 2008
Place: Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan

Middleweight GP 2nd Round Fights:
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Melvin Manhoef
Yoon Dong Sik vs. Gegard Mousasi
Ronaldo Jacare vs. Jason Miller
Kin Taiei vs. Zelg Galesic

Lightweight GP 2nd Round Fight:
Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata

Grappling Match:
Mirko CroCop vs. Ralek Gracie

Featherweight Fight:
Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama

am i the only one that thinks Cro Cop vs a Gracie in a grappling contest isnt exactly the best idea?

Kanav

Kanav

OLYMPIA DREAM.4 Middleweight GP 2008 2nd Round
Date: June 15th, 2008
Place: Yokohama Arena in Yokohama, Japan

Middleweight GP 2nd Round Fights:
Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Melvin Manhoef
Yoon Dong Sik vs. Gegard Mousasi
Ronaldo Jacare vs. Jason Miller
Kin Taiei vs. Zelg Galesic

Lightweight GP 2nd Round Fight:
Shinya Aoki vs. Katsuhiko Nagata

Grappling Match:
Mirko CroCop vs. Ralek Gracie

Featherweight Fight:
Hideo Tokoro vs. Darren Uyenoyama

am i the only one that thinks Cro Cop vs a Gracie in a grappling contest isnt exactly the best idea?

yeah what the hell is CC thinking? I thought he was trying to rebuild his confidence.

B

bigtyme200

Lesnar sucks, mir owned him. A picture of his future in mma?

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thought Aoki was with withdrawing from the GP? Melvin vs Sak will be awesome... hope it stays on the feet

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ i guess not lol, i think jacare/miller is gonna steal the show, thats gonna be a grappling war

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any thoughts on Kimbo vs Thompson?

IMO... disgrace...

Tap in round 1? Wheres the stoppage in round 2? Early stoppage in Round 3?

Minchinator

Minchinator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Any thoughts on Kimbo vs Thompson?

IMO... disgrace...

Tap in round 1? Wheres the stoppage in round 2? Early stoppage in Round 3?

I thought Kimbo taped in round 1 during the standing guiotine attempt as well, and then the anouncer goes "Kimbo is telling the ref that he is allright" - I think Thompson thought he had tapped as well. In round 2 it could have been stoped since Kimbo could not get out and was doing nothing to get out, but none of those shots seemed to be hurting him at all - so I am ok with it not being stoped. In round three that was certainly an early stopage, Thompson was hurt but he had not even gone down yet. All in all, Kimbo can obviously punch pretty hard, but that is about it, he is being pushed way, way to early, can you imagine him against somebody like Mir, it would be over quicker than Mir's fight against Lesnar.

Then in Lawler vs Smith, I have never seen a fight stoped due to a grazing eye poke like that, it was not that deep of a poke. Smith should have gotten his 5 minutes, that was shit, I think they obvioulsy were being overly cautious because it was on network tv and if that is the case move it back to cable and let the fighters fight.

The best fight of the night was the two women, I enjoyed that one. I also enjoyed Baroni getting knocked out, but again I think they stoped it maybe just a tad early, I would have liked to have seen the finishing shot.

Next time they need to speed things up a bit, an hour in all we had were two fights, at 1/2 an hour in, none, way to slow, and Shamrock needs to talk for himself and stop reading the teleprompter.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
someone explain to me how this is a valid stopage...let alone a KO

29fuzns-1.jpg

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kanav

Kanav

I thought Kimbo taped in round 1 during the standing guiotine attempt as well, and then the anouncer goes "Kimbo is telling the ref that he is allright" - I think Thompson thought he had tapped as well. In round 2 it could have been stoped since Kimbo could not get out and was doing nothing to get out, but none of those shots seemed to be hurting him at all - so I am ok with it not being stoped. In round three that was certainly an early stopage, Thompson was hurt but he had not even gone down yet. All in all, Kimbo can obviously punch pretty hard, but that is about it, he is being pushed way, way to early, can you imagine him against somebody like Mir, it would be over quicker than Mir's fight against Lesnar.

Then in Lawler vs Smith, I have never seen a fight stoped due to a grazing eye poke like that, it was not that deep of a poke. Smith should have gotten his 5 minutes, that was shit, I think they obvioulsy were being overly cautious because it was on network tv and if that is the case move it back to cable and let the fighters fight.

The best fight of the night was the two women, I enjoyed that one. I also enjoyed Baroni getting knocked out, but again I think they stoped it maybe just a tad early, I would have liked to have seen the finishing shot.

Next time they need to speed things up a bit, an hour in all we had were two fights, at 1/2 an hour in, none, way to slow, and Shamrock needs to talk for himself and stop reading the teleprompter.

Bingo. I noticed they stopped the other fights much more quickly than they would usually.

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ok dont quote me on this, but it looks like Bret Rogers got fired by EXC...if thats true then i have 0 respect for Gary Shaw and EXC

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^WTF? Wankers man.
But its obvious whats happening. They are trying to grow their company by cashing in on Kimbo's name. Its not about quality of fights or fighters at the moment. They just want people to tune in. You wait, there will be a new breed of noobs coming through talking about how amazing Kimbo is.
Remember when the UFC started getting more publicity... "Chuck is unbeatable, Rich is unbeatable, Arlovski is unbeatable"

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so remember how Big Nog was gonna be a coach on TUF? well apparently his 2 co-coaches are Lyoto Machine and Anderson Silva...so this TUF team has Nogueria...Machida...AND A. Silva....there are no words i can use to describe how fuckin ownage this team is

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^lol..poor Mir...

guys chosen in his team will be gutted

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the announcement on thurs from the UFC could concern 2 things i read about 1)Anderson Silva is fighting at 205 .....and 2)Floyd Mayweather is coming to UFC

now i just read these RUMORS...their not fact, not yet at least

the mayweather one is possible since mayweather did retire from boxing reccently and him and his management have been conversing with the UFC reccently as well

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It would be surpising for Mayweather to goto MMA. From Making 20+ Million a fight to under a million in a new sport...? Doesn't make sense. Maybe theres more to it.
Is it deinately one of the 2 choices? Both don't make sense..

JS316

JS316

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What about Wandy moving down? I would understand that

CaptainCharisma

CaptainCharisma

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dan mirgliotta is a total complete moran...here is yet another example that showcases his incompatent buffoonary

2rqj3wl-1.jpg