• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Official Steroids In The News Topic

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Post here your drug related news articles

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
'Unlicensed' drug websites raided

Some drugs bought online can be fake
A number of unlicensed internet sites allegedly selling prescription-only medicines illegally in the UK have been shut down following morning raids.
Computer equipment and documents were seized in the raids by government agency the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).

Sites allegedly selling steroids and sleeping pills were targeted.

The raids were at premises in Greater London, Middlesex, Colchester, Canterbury, Preston and Hereford.

Last month, doctors warned in the Lancet that people who buy medicines over the internet could be unwittingly putting their health at risk.

Patients are advised that they should only take prescription-only medicines after an appropriate consultation with their healthcare professional

MHRA

Some drugs are fake and contain ingredients bearing little resemblance to the medicine named on the bottle, it was reported.

And even if patients get the right drug, there is a risk of unchecked side effects and dangerous interactions.

"Tackling the illegal sale and supply of medicines over the internet is a priority for us," an MHRA spokesman said at the time.

"The MHRA is currently investigating 117 internet-related cases where medicines legislation has been potentially breached.

"Some of these investigations have already resulted in successful prosecutions.

"Patients are advised that they should only take prescription-only medicines after an appropriate consultation with their healthcare professional whose role it is to take into account associated risks and benefits."

Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5364588.stm

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Conte indicates that Bonds knew about steroids

Shaun Assael
ESPN The Magazine
Sep. 16, 2006

BALCO founder Victor Conte allegedly bragged to an associate that Barry Bonds had intimate knowledge of the designer steroids he received from the Bay Area company, and that the Giants slugger took an active interest in what those substances contained, a source close to Conte told ESPN The Magazine.

The disclosure comes to light amid reports that Patrick Arnold, the Illinois chemist who created the designer steroid THG, has made the same admission to a national media outlet.

Arnold, 39, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids in April. He is scheduled to report to federal prison next week to begin serving a four-month sentence for his part in the BALCO steroid conspiracy.

If true, the disclosure appears to contradict Bonds' sworn testimony before a grand jury in 2004. In a report on that testimony, the San Francisco Chrionicle quoted Bonds as saying that he did not think that a clear liquid he received from his trainer, Greg Anderson, was a designer steroid. Bonds reportedly said that he did not think that Anderson "would jeopardize our friendship" by giving him banned drugs.

However, a source who is close to Conte told ESPN The Magazine that the BALCO founder confided to him that Bonds knew precisely what he was taking. The source said that Conte told him that Bonds came to BALCO to "get jacked."

Reached late Friday night, Conte denied the claim.

The disclosure adds a wrinkle to the case that has hung over Bonds since federal agents raided BALCO in 2003. According to the Chronicle, Jason Giambi testified to the grand jury that Anderson spoke in great detail about the drugs he was being given. According to the source, Conte was at least as forthcoming with Bonds.

In public, Conte has repeatedly said that he had no dealings with BALCO's baseball clients.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2589733

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Body-conscious men turn to anabolic steroids

· Growth drugs increasingly available on British streets
· Survey finds discount offers on heroin-crack mix

Sarah Boseley, health editor
Wednesday September 13, 2006

Young men concerned about their body image and struggling to build the six-pack they want in the gym are turning in increasing numbers to the illicit use of anabolic steroids, which are now available on the street in many cities of the UK, according to a new survey.
The drug charity DrugScope found that anabolic steroids are moving into the mainstream drugs market, available in 11 of the towns and cities it surveyed: Blackpool, London, Birmingham, Middlesbrough, Nottingham, Torquay, Cardiff, Manchester, Portsmouth, Luton and Newcastle.

The survey of the drugs illegally available in the UK and their prices, published in the charity's Druglink magazine, found a big rise in the numbers of people aged 16 to 25 buying an array of steroids, which they inject to look good. Prices range from £15.25 for 10 1ml vials of testosterone suprinate to £55 for 20 2ml vials of Sustanon.
The steroid craze has come out of the gym culture. Bodybuilders, athletes and some gay clubbers have used anabolic steroids for some time. But the new users range from professionals and students to building site workers.

"It's all about how they look, their image on the street," Mike Linnell of Lifeline, which runs a needle exchange project in Manchester, told Druglink. "But the problem is that a lot of them are taking steroids with virtually no knowledge of what they are doing."

Lifeline has set up a dedicated clinic for steroid users, whose numbers have risen from one or two a week to 40 a week.

Harry Shapiro of DrugScope says young men buying the drugs have no idea what they are getting. "Some are counterfeit, some are for veterinary use and some are genuinely for humans," he said. "People are bringing them in from countries in eastern Europe, and in Greece they can buy them over the counter."

Anabolic steroids are a human growth hormone, classified a class C drug, which it is illegal to supply but not to possess. Side-effects from misuse include reduced sperm count, kidney and liver problems, high blood pressure and increased aggression. There is serious concern over the shared use of needles to inject it, which risks HIV and hepatitis B and C.

Alex Georgijev, who played Hulk in the television series of Gladiators and now runs the Edge gym in Caerphilly, south Wales, said steroid use as a shortcut to a pumped-up torso was common. He told Druglink: "People are not willing to accept that if you do want muscles you have to put the hard work in - they want it yesterday. People come in and ask how much it is to train; the next sentence is how much are steroids. It's their first consideration rather than their last."

The DrugScope survey found that heroin is increasingly being sold by the £10 bag, rather than by the gram, and it even found discount offers on bags of heroin and crack cocaine. These offers are linked to the rise of "speedballing", where people inject heroin and crack at the same time from a single syringe. The average speedball costs £20 to £10 of white (crack) and £10 of brown (heroin) - known in London as curry and rice.

Drug agencies are concerned because the practice raises the risk of overdose and because speedballers inject more times in a day, in order to get more of the 15-minute hit they get from the crack. They add the heroin partly to slow the comedown.

Link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,1871238,00.html

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Funnily enough Philo, this article was in the the Daily Star today, a British tabloid newspaper and I quote:

"Incredible Bulk, truth and lies behind the abuse of steroids", by Phil Boucher.

Anaerbolic steriods are normally linked with disgraced Olympic athletes and Popeye-armed baseball stars. But leading drugs charity DrugScope says that steriods are increasingly being used by young men who want to bulk up and look good to the opposite sex.

Their survey of 20 UK towns and cities found a dramatic increase in men aged 16-25. Forget about your stereotypical view of heavy drug users too: steriod takers range from office workers to building site staff and students.
Their only common desire is to take a short cut to a muscled, toned physique.
Yet this is a classic case of beauty being only skin deep.

Side effects of steroids are known to include reduced sperm count, kidney and liver problems, high boold pressure and increased aggression.
Injectors also risk viruses such as HIV and hepatitis B and C.

"There are serious risks associated with steriod misuse", says Martin Barnes, cheif executive of DrugScope. "But people ignore them because they do not consider themselves as drug users".

So here's our point-by-point guide to the health problems and legal status.

1. Steriods occur natuarally in the male body and are responsible for growth, physical development and functioning of the reproductive organs, plus masculine features such as body hair and a deep voice.

2. There are reports of a "reverse anorexia" among users - people thinking they can never be big enough.

3. Regular users can suffer from "roid rage", becoming physically violent or sexually abusive.

4. Steriod users normally start by taking pills, but this can be very toxic for the liver so they later change to injecting - which itself carries major health risks.

5. Steriods were first used by athletes in the 1950s. the International Olympic Committee banned them in the 1970s and by the 1980s doping was a major issue.

6. Physical problems for men can include liver abnormalities, hepatitis, raised blood pressure, stunted growth, reduced sperm output, lower sex drive, sleep disorders, confusion, depression, paranoia and gynaecomastia - or "bitch tits" where you start to develop boobs.

7. Women risk developing irreversible "male" features like increased facial and body hair and a deeper voice.

British journalism at it's worst.

hugegunns

hugegunns

Project Evo said:
gynaecomastia - or "bitch tits" where you start to develop boobs.

Did they really write this? If so they would have pissed a ton of americans off by writing this.

Project Evo

Project Evo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yes, they really wrote that. Fucking muppets.

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Doping substances seized by Åland Islands Customs

21.9.2006 at 12:48

Customs in Finland's Åland Islands reported on Thursday the biggest seizure of doping substances in the history of the province. Customs seized a total of 2,000 anabolic steroid pills.

The steriods were found during a routine customs check on a postal package at the end of last week. The package was addressed to a male Åland Islands resident, who has been questioned concerning the matter.

Customs remain uncertain whether the steroids were intended for the individual's personal use, or for subsequent sale. The authorities were also unable to speculate over the potential street price for anabolic steroids in the Ålands.

Link: http://newsroom.finland.fi/stt/showarticle.asp?intNWSAID=13779&group=General

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Steroids, growth hormones seized
Link: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20457420-3102,00.html
September 22, 2006 12:00am

A GOLD Coast man, 26, has been charged over the importation of prohibited steroids and human growth hormones (HGH).

The charges followed an Australian Customs Service operation in Sydney which intercepted a Chinese air cargo consignment and found five parcels containing a large quantity of anabolic steroids and HGH.
Customs officers last week intercepted a sixth package, destined for a Gold Coast address, allegedly containing 100 vials of HGH.

They monitored the delivery of the parcel and executed warrants on a property in the Gold Coast suburb of Ashmore yesterday.

They uncovered more than $19,000 in cash, 6 litres of substances believed to be steroids and 100 vials of HGH.

The 26-year-old was arrested and charged with three counts of attempting to import a prohibited import under the Customs Act 1901.

He appeared in the Southport Magistrates Court and was bailed under strict conditions to reappear on October 4.

No plea was entered.

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Why they gotta screw with our shit, they should be chasin the "Real" drugs the shit that is killing kids and ruining families and causing more crime, not some thing that is used usually by healthy people just looking to improve thier appearence.:eek4:

"What's that honey, there are men with black outfits with guns surrounding the house???...oops gotta go guys":eek4: :uhoh2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
German_Joe

German_Joe

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
PUMBA said:
Why they gotta screw with our shit, they should be chasin the "Real" drugs the shit that is killing kids and ruining families and causing more crime, not some thing that is used usually by healthy people just looking to improve thier appearence.:eek4:

"What's that honey, there are men with black outfits with guns surrounding the house???...oops gotta go guys":eek4: :uhoh2:

Exactly... when someone is in a burnward with 4th degree burns they dont put the guy on crack. I think the government is spending to much money on trying to crack down on something that isnt even a problem. Its almost as much of a waste as gun registration. You think people that smuggle guns across the border are registering their Ak's. Anyways they need to be cracking down on the people responsible for all the hard drugs being brought into the country. So what if steroids are giving athletes an unfair advantage and are creating an unlevel playing field. It doesnt mean shit, people are still going to use them. Its just another excuse for people to be afraid of something they dont understand and know nothing about. Venting is fun:xyxthumbs:

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could rant for days about the Gov and AAS.

Lets legalize alcohol and tobaco related products that definitively kill thousands of people every year, but lets make steriods illegal even though there have been zero definitively linked deaths to its use. I know, I know, the Gov only legalizes alcohol and tobacco so they can get a boat load of tax dollars off it, so it's nice to know that the Gov has a price on American lives. Hell, there's even been more visits to the ER do to over the counter pain killers than steroids.

The message that Gov seems to be sending is that steroids increase athletic performance thus creating an un level playing field for those who don't take steroids. But what about cleats that help athletes run faster, glutamine that helps athletes recovery better, or caffeine that gives athletes more energy? They all increase athletic performance to an extent thus creating an un level playing field for the athletes who choose not to use them. So why not make these illegal too?

madness I tell ya!!

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thicknasty said:

Lets legalize alcohol and tobaco related products that definitively kill thousands of people every year, but lets make steriods illegal even though there have been zero definitively linked deaths to its use:duh: . I know, I know, the Gov only legalizes alcohol and tobacco so they can get a boat load of tax dollars off it, so it's nice to know that the Gov has a price on American lives:icon_smile_flipoff: . Hell, there's even been more visits to the ER do to over the counter pain killers than steroids.

The message that Gov seems to be sending is that steroids increase athletic performance thus creating an un level playing field for those who don't take steroids. But what about cleats that help athletes run faster, glutamine that helps athletes recovery better, or caffeine that gives athletes more energy? They all increase athletic performance to an extent thus creating an un level playing field for the athletes who choose not to use them. So why not make these illegal too?

madness I tell ya!!

Well said bro.........Fuck it, let's start a world wide petition.:e5dunno: I know I'm a dreamer :bowroflarms:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
23 September 2006
STEROIDS RAPE THUG GETS LIFE
By Rory Smith
A BODYBUILDER who throttled his lovers by lifting them by their throat until their heads touched the ceiling was jailed for life yesterday.

Michael Evans, 36, also raped and beat his victims after taking steroids to build up his muscles.

Two ex-girlfriends went to police after road haulier Evans used them as punchbags and sex slaves.

Evans of Bolton, at first appeared caring and charmed both women with sunshine breaks but later had dark, mood swings.

One victim, 36, told Minshull Street crown court, Manchester: "He was screaming at me. I was trying to calm him down but he grabbed me by the throat."

Police described this as his "trademark", throttling the women until they choked. His second relationship was the same.

Judge Jonathan Geake said: "Mr Evans is a high risk of sexual re-offending against women in the context of a relationship."

He was found guilty of rape and assault but could get parole in four years

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...=steroids-rape-thug-gets-life--name_page.html

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
philosopher said:
23 September 2006
STEROIDS RAPE THUG GETS LIFE
By Rory Smith
A BODYBUILDER who throttled his lovers by lifting them by their throat until their heads touched the ceiling was jailed for life yesterday.

Michael Evans, 36, also raped and beat his victims after taking steroids to build up his muscles.

Two ex-girlfriends went to police after road haulier Evans used them as punchbags and sex slaves.

Evans of Bolton, at first appeared caring and charmed both women with sunshine breaks but later had dark, mood swings.

One victim, 36, told Minshull Street crown court, Manchester: "He was screaming at me. I was trying to calm him down but he grabbed me by the throat."

Police described this as his "trademark", throttling the women until they choked. His second relationship was the same.

Judge Jonathan Geake said: "Mr Evans is a high risk of sexual re-offending against women in the context of a relationship."

He was found guilty of rape and assault but could get parole in four years

Link: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obj...=steroids-rape-thug-gets-life--name_page.html

And the thing is that the media will put the entire blame on steroids. It doesn't matter how many other factors may have been involved in causing somebody to loose their temper, if steroids are involved steroids will get the blame, with out any other variables being considered.

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thicknasty said:

Lets legalize alcohol and tobaco related products that definitively kill thousands of people every year, but lets make steriods illegal even though there have been zero definitively linked deaths to its use:duh: . I know, I know, the Gov only legalizes alcohol and tobacco so they can get a boat load of tax dollars off it, so it's nice to know that the Gov has a price on American lives:icon_smile_flipoff: . Hell, there's even been more visits to the ER do to over the counter pain killers than steroids.

madness I tell ya!!

Well said. A kid I know takes steroids and me and some buddies were talking about him. Out of nowhere my friends say, "He's going to die young." My head about blew up. They sit there and say he's going to die young yet they have a beer in front of them and a cig in their mouth. But it's legal, so it must be fine :ughfingers:

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was framed and the truth will come out, says Ben Johnson

AFP
September 27, 2006

Disgraced Canadian sprint king Ben Johnson has repeated claims he had been framed when he tested positive for anabolic steroids after winning the 1988 100 metres Olympic gold medal.

He also predicted Tuesday that the true story behind his positive test would soon emerge. "I would never have tested positive if some guy did not set me up in Seoul," said Johnson, who was stripped of his 100m gold and later banned from the sport for life after failing another test in 1993. "The urine was mine but what was found in my urine was put there."

Johnson, who ran 9.79 seconds to win the title -- it was subsequently erased from the record books once he was found to have cheated -- said he was getting close to blowing the lid off the 'conspiracy'.

"Everybody speculated upon the wrong thing and there was a mystery guy, no one could say who he was... but now I have got the real truth and know who has done this. I am very proud of what I did (that night in Seoul) and one day the gold medal will come back to Ben Johnson because I know exactly what the real truth is.

"I guess it is too much right now on national TV but something very big is coming out next year about this. It is not going to be hard to prove," said Johnson, who went on to become personal fitness trainer for Diego Maradona and Libyan leader Colonel Moamer Kadhafi's son Al-Saadi.

Link: http://www.todayonline.com/articles/144963.asp

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thicknasty said:
Hell, there's even been more visits to the ER do to over the counter pain killers than steroids.
There has been more deaths attributed to over the counter pain killers (NASAIDS) in one year than there has been to steroids ever. Hell NASAIDS have been responsible for heaps of deaths and rivals illicit drug use (more due to common usage than per capita).

PUMBA

PUMBA

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:
There has been more deaths attributed to over the counter pain killers (NASAIDS) in one year than there has been to steroids ever. Hell NASAIDS have been responsible for heaps of deaths and rivals illicit drug use (more due to common usage than per capita).
Exactly, what about alcohol and cigerettes? Unlike alcohol how many car accidents have steroids caused, unlike smoking how much cancer has sitting in a room full of bodybuilders caused, :bowroflarms: I wish we could get passive effects of steroids ha ha be alot cheaper.

thicknasty

thicknasty

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
tim290280 said:

Exactly, and the visits to the ER that where related to steroids where mostly all because of infections do to improper injections, not because of the actually effect the chemical has on the body.