• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

opinions on diuretics....

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I made a similar thread last year but I would like to hear some opinions on the matter. Last year I ran a half dose of xpel for about 3 days leading up to my show. I didnt notice a huge difference but I did look good on stage I felt. This year I am leaning towards not doing one and I have never recommended one to a bodybuilder that I prepped for a show. I figured it would be better and more informational to throw this up in a thread rather than just PM'ing some folks. Give me the following info regarding your answer:

1. Do you think it would be beneficial?
2. Why or why not?

I am leaning towards no this year because I know that the body does a pretty good job of maintaining a solid fluid balance naturally and most of the water should remain in the muscle cell if prep goes correctly. Also, I think if I am lean enough coming into the show, it may cause a "pendulum" effect and throw the fluid balance out of equilibrium.

Discuss.....

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ This would be a good one, my ears are open.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A herbal like Xpel is definitely sufficient. The problem is when people who aren't totally ripped load up on diuretics in hopes of flushing out all the water from their system, and this usually just flattens them out like a pancake.

A moderate one can make a huge difference though, i've noticed this, and I know Flex has mentioned the same with Turk's prep. I used SAN Shredded, and I know they did as well.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
A herbal like Xpel is definitely sufficient. The problem is when people who aren't totally ripped load up on diuretics in hopes of flushing out all the water from their system, and this usually just flattens them out like a pancake.

A moderate one can make a huge difference though, i've noticed this, and I know Flex has mentioned the same with Turk's prep. I used SAN Shredded, and I know they did as well.

Do you think it is possible to reach the same appearance of leanness/dryness without the diuretic? And what are the cons to using one?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Do you think it is possible to reach the same appearance of leanness/dryness without the diuretic? And what are the cons to using one?

It's not possible if you take say 2 twins who are identical in their condition/muscularity etc, and give one a diuretic, and the other nothing. It does make a big difference as far as helping bring out the cuts, and tightening everything up.

The main con is, as mentioned, flattening out, which can essentially smooth you out as well since your muscular cell water is so depleted. Shouldn't be a problem with a moderate herbal though, and the little bit of water loss will help.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's not possible if you take say 2 twins who are identical in their condition/muscularity etc, and give one a diuretic, and the other nothing. It does make a big difference as far as helping bring out the cuts, and tightening everything up.

The main con is, as mentioned, flattening out, which can essentially smooth you out as well since your muscular cell water is so depleted. Shouldn't be a problem with a moderate herbal though, and the little bit of water loss will help.

Thanks heaps IS. Would appreciate your help in the thread I am about to post up in the diet/nutrition section.