• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Optimising your food uptake

R

remnant

Banned
Joined
Aug 29, 2016
Messages
189
Points
0
How are your eating habits? Some assume that its all about the
composition of food followed by good table manners. There's another
aspect. I heard from a sports exercise professional that to gain
maximum benefits from what you eat, chew the food thoroughly. This
requires patience and results in negligible wastage during digestion
by increasing the surface area dr digestion. Good luck
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
Well, that has some sense to it, because chewed food is easier to digest than big chunks of ingested food so it's quite logical that chewing your food would make it easier for our digestive track hence it would be digested faster.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Chewing the food thoroughly has been my weakness since I was young. I was the fastest to eat in our home especially when the food is one of my favorites. My habit is to concentrate on what I am eating as if someone was chasing me. If I would eat slowly, I would lose my appetite halfway in the meal hence I couldn't do that. And I admit that indigestion is usually the result when I had eaten more than my quota. But when I am not feeling well, I have noticed that I eat slower than my normal pace.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
The smaller the food particles you swallow, the more the small intestine can absorb nutrients. Also saliva contains important digestive enzymes, so when you chew longer, it gives these enzymes more time to do their job.
 
Top