• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Pacquiao vs Broner

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Adrien Broner will be testing the powers of Manny Pacquiao in Las Vegas on January 22. the boxing legend has a record of 60-7 and has recently turned 40. His birthday party was a lavish one with a raffle that gave away not only cash prizes but brand new vehicles. But that 's another story because amid the festivities of the Christmas season Pacquiao is deep in training while Broner is also doing the same.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
Owing to his recent fight of handling a 7th round knockout of Lucas Matthysse, Manny Pacquiao is the favorite in the betting odds with a -230 while Broner with his majority decision over Jesse Vargas for his recent fight is +200. My take on the fight is another ho-hum with Pacquiao taking the cake easily and Broner can only spring a surprise like what Jeff Horn did if he could neutralize the attacking style of Pacquiao.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
The upcoming fight between Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner had almost experienced a snag when Broner was arrested. The reason for the arrest was minor though that it is related to driving without license and speeding. Broner ignored the summons that led to a warrant which caused his arrest. He was later released and the incident may not have affected both fighters.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
This WBA title defense match between former 8 division title holder Pacquiao and 4 division title holder Broner is a very good matchup. Both have good physique as well as win records. This much which is scheduled this February in the United States is a sure crowd drawer. I can't wait for it to happen.
 
Folk Artist

Folk Artist

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
506
Points
18
This could be a interesting fight between "Pacman" Pacquiao and this guy Broner - Broner makes a statement that this win makes him a icon - A win here over Pacquiao - makes him a legend overnight he says, which was quite a statement.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
This could be a interesting fight between "Pacman" Pacquiao and this guy Broner - Broner makes a statement that this win makes him a icon - A win here over Pacquiao - makes him a legend overnight he says, which was quite a statement.

Jeff Horn had somehow achieved a kind of greatness when he defeated Manny Pacquio in Australia. I think all of Manny's opponents lately are aspiring for that kind of greatness although for now it is only Horn who got lucky. Matthysse was bulldozed and maybe that is a signal that he should hang his gloves.
 
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
The fight between Adrien Broner and Pacman is set on Saturday, January 19, which is sunday from where I'm from. It would be held in the Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Broner who is a good counterpuncher is the underdog in this fight. He lost his last fight with Jesse Vargas who sports a 28-2-0 record ended up with a draw and before that his 2017 fight with Mikey Garcia who was undefeated with a 36-0-0 ended with Broner losing via Decision. Broner fight record is 33-3-1 with 24 KO's while Packman's is 60-7-2 with 32 KO's. I say that comparing the records it's just about even although Pacman has the edge in experience making him the crowd favorite, but considering Packman's age, he's already 40, and Broner's last 2 fights. My prediction is Pacman would knock Broner out between rounds 4-6.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
I pity Adrien Broner for accepting to fight Manny Pacquiao because even before the fight has started Broner was already considered a loser. The media is now focusing on Manny’s next fight which may be against Floyd Mayweather. It looks like they are just searching for the venue as if the fight is already a done deal. What if Broner would upset Pacquiao just like what Horn had done? You can bet your ten cents worth on that possibility.
 
Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 22, 2018
Messages
1,514
Points
63
I wouldn't count Broner out yet. At the end of the day you have to remember that it is always about the money.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
I wouldn't count Broner out yet. At the end of the day you have to remember that it is always about the money.

We have a saying that both boxers have 2 fists. However, I've heard in the news yesterday that Broner was coming off a draw and a loss. He lost to Mikey Garcia by unanimous decision in 2017 and last year he salvaged a draw with Jessie Vargas. That record would definitely make Broner a heavy underdog in the betting.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2018
Messages
415
Points
18
I wouldn't count Broner out yet. At the end of the day you have to remember that it is always about the money.

I would have to agree that it could go both ways, if Broner can hit pacman in the first 2 rounds being a heavy body counter puncher, it could take its toll in the latter rounds. But if Broner doesn't hit Pacman then the probability of Pacman knocking him out between rounds 4-6 goes up tremendously. I'm certain that this fight won't go the distance, someone would go down between round 1-6.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
We already know what happened and to be honest I was not really disappointed at all that there was no knockout. Even if Pacquiao had won by unanimous decision it seems to me that it was a plus point for Broner. I understand that Pacquiao needed to get a good and clean punch to the elusive Broner and that gave the decision win instead of the anticipated knockout.
 

Similar threads

Top