• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
"Hopefully, I can retire Manny by knockout", that is what Matthysse said a while back. I also here Manny is hoping for the same thing. I love when fighters get into the ring, knowing what their goal is.

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think the result of the fight doesn't really matter does it, both of them are winners given how much they earn with the fight.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This is a landmark fight for Manny Pacquiao considering that he is a senator of his country and yet he has the will to regain a championship belt. Maybe what goes well for Manny is his temerity for generosity. That he had helped and had been helping needy people is a habit already. Presently, he has 10,000 scholars and fighting for those scholars can be a good motivation factor for Manny.

Hova

Hova

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny has to win if he wants to continue having a future in boxing. Actually, he said it himself that this fight will be the one to determine his future as a boxer.

M

Maestro

Deep down I'm hoping Manny is going to win this fight against Matthysse so that he can at least take on WBO lightweight champion Vasiliy Lomachenko.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Bob Arum has a sad news for us. According to Top Rank and hall of famer promoter, the fight between Pacquiao and Matthysse may not push through due to financial constraints. That money is not coming in so the snag can cause the cancellation of the said fight. Even the guaranteed purse of Matthysse is yet to be received in full, it still has a balance of $2 million. MP Promotions, owned by Pacquiao, is handling the management of the fight and Arum is only a sub-contractor for the broadcast. And speaking of the fight broadcast, ESPN pay-per-view did not materialize due to the fault of the promoter so it will be a big loss to the revenue.

But in a press release, Pacquiao debunked the statement of Arum. Pacquiao said that the fight is a go no matter what happens.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Bob Arum said that he is planning a Crawford-Matthysse fight if ever this Pacquiao fight falls out. I guess this officially confirms that Pac and Arum are done with each other. It is about time but is way too late.

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The camp of Pacquiao was jubilant when Pacquiao floored his spar mate. Gherich Chavez was hit by Pacquiao's straight to the jaw that rocked him and eventually folded his knees. He was given a short rest by Pacquiao himself who gets back his confidence with his knockout punch. It has been 9 years already that Pacquiao's opponents escaped without a knock down that's why his killer punch is already suspect until this time in the gym when he floored his spar mate.

NoviceNinja

NoviceNinja

Stop telling Manny that he should retire. He wants to go down like a legend and pass on that Legacy to the younger Filipino fighters. When Manny retires, do you know what he is going to do? Run for president. LOL

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Former welterweight champion Amir Khan is waging a challenge for Manny Pacquiao to fight him in September. It will be remembered that it was Khan that Pacquiao had wanted to fight but Bob Arum had insisted Jeff Horn. It was all because of money matters that the investors in Dubai failed to come up with the money while the Australian investors with assistance from the government came prepared. Khan was a former spar mate of Pacquiao so they know each other's style.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The promotion of the boxing match between Manny Pacquiao and the Argentinian Lucas Matthysse is now peaking. Welterweight champion Matthysse issued a statement that he will retire Manny Pacquiao. Maybe if Matthysse will knock out Pacquiao then that may be the last nail on the coffin of Pacquiao's boxing career. But what if Pacquiao wins the fight? That would be another hope for the 8-division champion that he may fight Lomachenko?

Kakashi2020

Kakashi2020

As per my prediction on the outcome of the fight a month ago on this thread that Pacman would beat Matthysse easily with a knockdown on the second round and a knockout win between the seventh to ninth rounds well Pacquiao knockdown Matthysse on the early seconds of the 3rd round, another one on the fifth and knock him out of commission on the seventh round ending the fight.

Pacquiao was in excellent physical shape with lightning punching speed although his moves was a little slow maybe because of the extra bulk he added for the fight but one could see the power punches specially the uppercut bombs he launched against Matthysse which have serious power and accuracy. He trained hard for this fight ensuring a very good win. Pacquiao has redeemed himself from almost a decade of not able to win by a TKO. As per his fighting style he's back to his old form of being the aggressor. I think Pacman can still win several championships in the next two years before finally retiring for good.