• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pakistan Forbids Any More U.S. Incursions

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Pakistan's military chief said Wednesday that no foreign forces will be allowed to conduct operations inside Pakistan in light of last week's "reckless" U.S. military ground operation.

Pakistanis in Multan protest what they say was a U.S. attack using Predator drones.

Pakistan's "territorial integrity ... will be defended at all cost and no external force is allowed to conduct operations ... inside Pakistan," according to a military statement attributed to Chief of Army Staff Gen. Parvez Kayani, who succeeded Pervez Musharraf after he stepped down as Pakistan's army chief last year.

The announcement came as Pakistan's military resumed its battle against Taliban militants in its tribal region, two army spokesmen said. More than 20 militants and four security forces were killed in Monday's fighting in Bajaur Agency, they said.

The anti-Taliban operation was initiated August 6 but was suspended September 1 for the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, with the exception that security forces would respond if attacked.

A ground incursion last week by U.S. forces into Pakistan strained relations between the two countries. Pakistan summoned the U.S. ambassador in Islamabad to complain about the incident, which it said killed 15 civilians.

The Pentagon has not confirmed the raid, but a senior U.S. official who declined to be named told CNN's Barbara Starr that U.S. helicopters dropped troops into the village of Angoor Adda in South Waziristan, which borders Afghanistan. The official said there was no evidence of any civilian deaths.

The U.S. official said the operation was launched fairly quickly without formal permission from Pakistan's government after it became clear that there was sufficient intelligence to take the risk of putting U.S. troops on the ground in a potentially hostile area of Pakistan.

In the U.S., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen, warned Congress on Wednesday that cross-border attacks into Afghanistan by militants in Pakistan's tribal region are a problem and said the U.S. has deployed Predator drones to attack targets in Pakistan.

Mullen said Afghanistan can't be referenced without "speaking of Pakistan," where, he said, the militant groups collaborate and communicate better, launch more sophisticated attacks, employ foreign fighters and use civilians as human shields.

"In my view, these two nations are inextricably linked in a common insurgency that crosses the border between them," he said,

He added that the U.S. is "running out of time" to win the war in Afghanistan and that sending in more troops will not guarantee victory.

On Tuesday, President Bush announced the deployment of 4,500 additional troops in Afghanistan.
artprotestafpgi-1.jpg

^^ That image just about says it all :49:

I love the end of the article. Mullen says more troops will not guarentee victory.

Bush: Let's try sending 4,500 more troops in there anyway hehe

How is this war possible to win when the Taliban can cross boarders whenever they feel like it. Besides, Al-Qaeda grows stronger and stronger everyday we are there.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
WE ARE FUCKED - Bush whispering into cheneys ear

LETS LET OBAMA DEAL WITH IT LULZ - Cheney

this is pathetic, we're nation building, and sending our troops all over the fucking globe
no wonder why they all hate us, the more we do that. the more they'll hate us (not just Middle east too)

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Its funny, if the US troops infiltrate another country's borders and killed 15 civilians, their ambassador gets a stern talking too. If a foreign power infiltrated US borders and killed 15 civilians it would be WW3.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no:, Well we should not have crossed their borders and ignored their territorial integrity.. but if they are not going to take care of their side of the deal.. then we have to. And in all honesty, what are they going to do other than complain? If they do their part, we won't have to cross borders and that is much preferred seeing as we are having enough problems within Afghanistan alone.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:no:, Well we should not have crossed their borders and ignored their territorial integrity.. but if they are not going to take care of their side of the deal.. then we have to. And in all honesty, what are they going to do other than complain? If they do their part, we won't have to cross borders and that is much preferred seeing as we are having enough problems within Afghanistan alone.

Thats their land, not ours. we don't control the fucking planet.
but obviously we are? somehow...
as we grow "stronger" over-seas, we grow/become weaker at home.

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its funny, if the US troops infiltrate another country's borders and killed 15 civilians, their ambassador gets a stern talking too. If a foreign power infiltrated US borders and killed 15 civilians it would be WW3.

That is why no one is dumb enough to do it, save small groups of extremists like Al-Queda. Lets hope it never happens too, if so all hell would break lose. We all saw what happened to Japan when they attacked us, or when 9/11 broke out we overthrew two countries! One that had nothing to do with it, Iraq! :ughnoes:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats their land, not ours. we don't control the fucking planet.
but obviously we are? somehow...
as we grow "stronger" over-seas, we grow/become weaker at home.

True, plus we do not need to be upsetting or loosing our ally in the area who we really rely on to help us in that conflict. That is the last thing we want to do.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True, plus we do not need to be upsetting or loosing our ally in the area who we really rely on to help us in that conflict. That is the last thing we want to do.

Theres a good quote in a song i listen to at the gym, while only doing squats.

"this will only end in sweat and tears"