• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Phil Heath Blog

jwill0214

jwill0214

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
499
Points
18
flexonline.com

Yo!
Hey all!

Just wanted to let everyone know what I'm doing and how I am doing. Well, I'm sure many are wondering my physical condition since this past weekend's showing and I am here to let all know that I am A-OK! This was an event that was extremely scary for mostly everyone watching than for me as I knew that I was cramping throughout the routine. Just to give some clarity on this subject, The venue was extremely hot as they was not any air conditioning and I was not responsible enough to stay hydrated due to me meeting with tons of fans, created my dehydration. I felt fine as I began my pump backstage, but toward then end I started cramping in my forearms and back. This progressed as I stepped onto the very hot stage which caused me to cramp up on every pose. Anyone that has seen me pose, I do not pose slowly (which I probably should lol) and because of the cramping, I had no choice but to pose slowly. This didn't help that much, as the cramping moved throughout my body and when it moved to my legs, my hamstrings and tear drop locked up resulting in my fall. I was scared, but realized what it was and made a couple of jokes, later getting up, walking out on my own and later returning back on stage with no problem. I was given electrolyte drinks and salt and was fine thereafter.

I was checked out by 2 different physicians and they both came to the resolution of me being very dehydrated in conjunction with a very tight hamstring and satoris muscle (the longest muscle). Collectively, this was a scary, but cool experience because even though I totally felt embarassed, I was able to laugh at it and show class and continue without any difficulties. Now, if there are any people out there that think for one minute that I'm not doing the Olympia, well sorry to not give you your xmas gift because I am here to kick some major butt come September 25 & 26!!! My weight is still above 260 and am getting harder each day so I just hope and pray that I can continue progressing because I know I can win with the improvements that I have made.

Other than that, everything is cool. We had a tornado last night, causing over 27,500 people without power today and won't receive it until later tonight. There's a tree pulled out from the ground that flew into a home near my house too. We received golf ball size hail and almost broke our windows in our house! Today, I'm training legs, yes legs (haha) so I'll see you all real soon at Dexter's show. Carbs are good, but need to get them up a bit since my cardio sessions are kickin' my butt. Overall, I feel good and look well, you have seen a preview hehe!

Peace!

Phil
 
Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Feb 20, 2008
Messages
5,621
Points
38
phil is the man !!!

thanks for the info bro :tiphat:
 
MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
801
Points
16
Thanks bro for the info. I'm glad Phils OK.
 
jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2007
Messages
392
Points
18
go phil, the next MR. O
 

Similar threads

jwill0214
Replies
1
Views
3K
tkD
tkD
jwill0214
Replies
3
Views
3K
Hypocrisy86
Hypocrisy86
Mind Pump TV
Replies
0
Views
143
Mind Pump TV
Mind Pump TV
Top