• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Phil "The Gift"Heath on News!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would piss my pants if he was chasing me lol
HULK SMASH!!!

Awesome guy !

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the guy at the end says he spends 4 hours in the gym a day....idiots. i wish phil would clarify that bbers are not in the gym all day every day. i really hate the misconception that people think ALL we do is work out.

again i'm very impressed by phil. he is a very well spoken man. i have no doubt within the next 5 years he will be Mr O.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality, have any idea how much time Phil spends at the gym ? For all I know, they do spend about 3 hours. Not in one sitting, but in their morning cardio, training and night cardio I bet they add up a couple of hours.

Anybody has any idea how much the pros train each day ?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ precontest cardio aside no one spends that long in the gym weight training and is that massive. that is called overtraining. and if one was overtraining to that extent it is very doubtful they could attain the level of size phil heath has. though this is speculation on phil heath's training regime as i do not know him, i think it is a safe bet that the man does not spend 4 hours in the gym on any given day weight training.

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ precontest cardio aside no one spends that long in the gym weight training and is that massive. that is called overtraining. and if one was overtraining to that extent it is very doubtful they could attain the level of size phil heath has. though this is speculation on phil heath's training regime as i do not know him, i think it is a safe bet that the man does not spend 4 hours in the gym on any given day weight training.

3-2 hours perhaps ?

I wish Phil would log and solve this mystery :3

PrizeFighteR

PrizeFighteR

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'm so glad he's in bodybuilding. Great interview.

If anyone could find more pics or Phil in college I'd be much obliged:tiphat:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
3-2 hours perhaps ?

I wish Phil would log and solve this mystery :3

idk phil's training style at all. if he's a volume guy than maybe 2 hours, but 3 hours is still way too long man unless you're including cardio time.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^ Yeh i know lol

It does seem like people do exagerate their heights/peoples heights a bit though

MarkoB

MarkoB

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Phil is awesome great post, thanks Lionheart

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks guys for posting, as I had a wonderful time sharing some talents.

I do not lift weights 4 hrs a day, but I do consider cardio as working out so yes I am in there up to 4hrs a day.

I may post some bball pics some day and maybe some video of me playing and goofing around doing dunk contests and stuff.

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP

I do not lift weights 4 hrs a day, but I do consider cardio as working out so yes I am in there up to 4hrs a day.

I may post some bball pics some day and maybe some video of me playing and goofing around doing dunk contests and stuff.

looking forward to it Phil :hsughr:

samsam

samsam

Thanks for taking time for us here at Musclemecca. :xyxthumbs:

You're truly an inspiration!
Also you're a great face for bodybuilding as a sport, I think you could vastly improve the community's perception of our sport.

Damn my nose's brown:uhoh2:

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

real cool vid didn't know some of that stuff about him.

TheGift

TheGift

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:dunnodude: i wonder too about this

Well, as many people know in the bball world that many of our heights are exaggerated a bit. It made me look somewhat normal in a scouting report listed as 5'11. Perfect example is Allen Iverson, who if anyone has met him isn't what it says in the Denver Nuggets program. I'm glad that I finally found a sport that suits my height perfect because always being the shortest guy had its disadvantages for sure.