• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Popularity for big purse

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big money fights always depend on the popularity of the fighter, whether in boxing or MMA. Gennady Golovkin who is reputedly the best pound for pound boxer currenty but not as popular as Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather that’s why the big purse still eludes him until today. In MMA, particularly UFC, Conor McGregor is the biggest draw and he is being courted by both Mayweather and Pacquiao for a unique fight. Well, we have to admit that fights are all about money.

P

pwarbi

Sadly these days it IS all about money, and fighters who perform outside the ring are worth more than those that just get on with their jobs and leave the trash talking alone. People tend to like a grudge match, and even though the two boxers involved might not have any particular feelings regarding each other, they are told to pretend they do and that's what hypes the fight up.

Golovkin is in my opinion the best boxer around at the moment but he's also a nice guy outside the ring and doesn't get involved with all the trash talk. He's respectful to his opponents before and after the fight, and while that does get him some admirers, because he's a good guy he'll never be able to command the same size of purse as a boxer that is more controversial which is a shame.

I'd prefer a world where a boxer was paid for what he did inside the ring, and not what he says and does out of it, but sadly I think them days are well and truly over.

THE-REAPER

THE-REAPER

Well the highest paid fighter ever and is still today,but doesn't Box anymore is Mike Tyson...Mike got $50M a fight and still will today if someone will sign a contract to fight him...$50M per fight,now that's a high purse especially because he gets it win or lose...

Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Manny Pacquiao is now looking at Mikey Garcia for his next fight after his bout with Australian Jeff Horn. The fact that he is already scouting for his next fight means he is discounting the possibility of Horn defeating him. Anyway, the name of Terrence Crawford came up but Pacquiao's camp favors the Mexican Garcia because of his popularity not only in Mexico but also down the border in the US. It's clear that popularity is the name of the game in professional sports.

P

Pharmacom

Agree with u Alex. Its all just about money

to7update

to7update

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sports are one of the biggest entertainment industries, they generate millions because everyone wants to see them, it's just how it goes.