• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Posing!

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Ahhh posing, a real passion of mine!

Although the posing round doesn't count anymore, why is the posing so bad?

We have had threads about best posing & posing routines etc., maybe it is time for a bad posing thread with some discussion.

I will start with the obvious one: Paul Dillet

Couldn't do back poses, was out of breath, suffered from the dreaded shaking and his eyes were closed most of the time.

Maybe the out of breath could be attributed to his asthma, I think it was just lack of posing practice as is the shaking. Basic rookie and lazy mistake.

As I will show in later posts, don't think just because they are pro bodybuilders they know everything. People often state that a pro does a pose a certain way that they have tried all the other options and have gotten help. I don't think that is true at all. They sometimes just hit a few poses in the gym and have some guy standing there telling them how good they look in the pose. Too scared to tell the truth or maybe just being overwhelmed by the pro.

Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for the pros, but maybe in this thread we can give our opinion (and don't we all here like to do that?) about their posing.

Qvy2C-1.jpg


y5xsp-1.jpg


Shoulders collapsing in the back lat spread:

HV9yc-1.jpg


Y4hsM-1.jpg


1wdkY-1.jpg


It wasn't just that his back was weak, here his back looks better by just pulling his elbows down a bit:
MOhmY-1.jpg




A nice pose by Dillet, but don't you guys think he could have gotten more out of the normal most muscular pose?

HuVqv-1.jpg


Offseason, but he should have done more of these, awesome:

cc1RD-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Elbows way too far forward:

VP0xK-1.jpg


Why does he do the pose this way? His right hand should be higher and maybe lean a bit more forward:

Zzvfi-1.jpg


Better most musculars:

7o7RG-1.jpg


6MiIY-1.jpg


ZFu87-1.jpg


Paul_Dillet_photo69-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Looks very casual:

pLGMD-1.jpg


Much better with elbows a bit higher and a bit of a twist in the waist:

2R010-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Never thought I would say wow at a Paul Dillet from the back:

GyDWT-1.gif
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
How does he go from looking like a Mr Olympia:

dj1z7-1.jpg


to looking like a joke:

zxlQX-1.jpg


iazvl-1.jpg


i1bVw-1.jpg


Imagine him doing it like this more often:

VRJgM-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Nice one Dillet!

zzXOH-1.jpg
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
Great idea for a thread, sexnews!

Man, what a shame that Dillet didn't put the effort and focus in his posing (and training). With a better posing only, in my opinion, he would have won at least one Arnold Classic title.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Agreed, but at the one that he could have one, they carried him off the stage
 
Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
10,697
Points
48
Dillet posing... really? are we discussing it?
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Moving along.........

Why would you include these two poses if there is no detail in your back? and then you don't even do them properly?

OPxPI-1.jpg


Omob6-1.jpg


and it wasn't that he wasn't in shape!

It is called free posing, you are allowed to do any pose you like in your routine. Show your good points. Nasser should have known that he wasn't beating guys like Yates because of his back and that the judges were looking at his back. Why show them more in your posing routine? I am not saying he should just have hit a bunch of most musculars like Warren and Fox, but he could have left these two out of his routine.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
What a silly looking pose! Work from the legs up, Mr Cutler!

NgJfl-1.jpg
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
^^ Arnold and Levrone own that pose imo.
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
While I am on the subject of Mr Cutler, he loves doing the most muscular pose this way:

DuS7N-1.jpg


Why on earth? It is like flexing a bicep but only bending your elbow 20 degrees.

Just look how awesome the pose looked when he did it correctly (hell he even won the show!):

ZiR03-1.jpg
 
tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
21,162
Points
113
I agree 100% so far with you on posing. As well I think Cutler looked better when he did the "full" mm pose. Since 2007 he's doing it like in your pic^.

Also, Phil Heath and Branch Warren are doing it the same way, exception being Phil in 2008 and 2011. Don't know why he changed it back for the past Olympia. On the other hand, Dexter and Wolf always did it right.

Here are a few pics:


Phil @ 2008 Mr Olympia

indexphpviewimageformatrawtypeimgid44788-1.jpg


indexphpviewimageformatrawtypeimgid44804-1.jpg


indexphpviewimageformatrawtypeimgid44856-1.jpg



2009 Olympia


indexphpviewimageformatrawtypeimgid45437-1.jpg

_H4X5071_EAUBKYMUBE-1.jpg





Mr O 2010
Olympia2010Top4mostmuscular-1.jpg



Phil 2011 (4 weeks before the O)
phil-heath-most-muscular.jpg



2011 Mr O
PhilHeathMD864JJ-1.jpg



vs Jay @ 2011 Mr O

_PB24027wtmk_BRNQHYTADMJPG-1.jpg

_PB26913wtmkJPG-1.jpg



Phil 2012 Mr Olympia

tumblr_mb42ogOfrq1rqee86o1_500-1.jpg
_PB74017wtmkJPG-1.jpg








2007 Mr O: Wolf vs Jay

indexphpactiondlattachtopic172274-1.0;attach=200150;image




Younger Jay
jc-1.jpg



Dex @ 2005 Arnold and 2008 Olympia

dj2-1.jpg
dj_mostmuscular1222970064-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
Great minds think alike hey tkD?

At least Heath still flexes his chest and it shows striations as it should in the mm pose, but Jay....just wrong
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
A combination of a weak back and bad posing?

Mk2pM-1.jpg


TFnFW-1.jpg


Here Levrone's back looks a bit better, with elbows a bit higher (strange but true):

xJUAg-1.jpg
 
sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Aug 22, 2006
Messages
4,013
Points
38
On the subject of the front double bicep pose, Bertil Fox used to do it this way:

p2s3f-1.jpg


FsjKU-1.jpg


In almost every contest report guys like Robert Kennedy would ask why doesn't Bertil just lift his elbows a few inches. He never listened!
 

Similar threads

SteelPhysique
Replies
0
Views
1
SteelPhysique
SteelPhysique
CoachCelestine
Replies
0
Views
56
CoachCelestine
CoachCelestine
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
48
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
MuscleMaverick
Replies
3
Views
120
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Top