• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Possible Pec Injury

GetSize

GetSize

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
126
Points
16
Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.
 
BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
2,565
Points
38
Is it possible to have a slight pec tear and it not bruise? Is it even possible to train chest with a slight pec tear? I feel discomfort/pain where the pec and shoulder tie-in more so on the pec. I dont feel any pain while training shoulders. Its not an excruciating pain but something I feel while training chest mostly especially incline flys.

Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.
 
GetSize

GetSize

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
126
Points
16
Yes it is absolutely possible to have a tear in a muscle and their be no bruising, especially if the tear is more deep as opposed to being superficial. I would go to a doctor and get an MRI to see the extent of your injury so you can find out what exactly it is you are experiencing, and the correct treatment/therapy to make sure the injury heals to allow for proper function in the future.

Thx for the response BB. I feel I have been getting 100% out of my chest workouts but ive dealt with this slight discomfort. Im wondering if I am injured why has it not gotten worse? Its the only reason why I continue to train. But I will get the MRI regardless.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ Yes it has gotten worse. Especially if you are doing flys. Be smarter about injuries, ignoring it is setting you up for a major problem.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
i was having pain and discomfort in the same area a few years ago... some people told me it may have been tendonitis though... i dunno. either way i layed off of it for a while and stretched it often and only worked out to get some blood flow and a small pump but light weight. Eventually it got kinda healed. I still feel it every few months but only after or towards the end of my workout.

is that u in your avatar and sig? if so, you look fantastic, great quads and upper body from the front atleast.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
Please go to the doc. I had the same issue. Trained through it until a 120lb DB got away from me at the gym and I tried to fly it back and my pec ripped. Still no bruising but horrible pain and now you can tell the muscle did rip. Get it checked out!
 
GetSize

GetSize

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
126
Points
16
Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.
 
JoaoT

JoaoT

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2009
Messages
324
Points
18
Best recovery for you man. Focus on treat your problem so you can move and train as soon as you wish.
 
Big04pimpin

Big04pimpin

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 28, 2006
Messages
1,735
Points
38
Thank you all for the responses. I hope I have not injured myself too much. The hardest thing to do is take off time in the gym or just back off for a while. Im preaching to the choir. lol Thanks again.

One side note: Use your instincts. When a doctor says they can't do anything for you and you know something is wrong then get another opinion. They said I was fine and just needed to heal. Two years later I went to a sports doc and they said I blatantly needed surgery at that time.
 

Similar threads

Top