• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Post injury exercise

D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
I had a bad knee sprain few months ago and had stopped exercising altogether as simple brisk walking or sittin down with bent knees was also very painful.

Now that the pain has subsided I am not sure when to restart treadmill.

Can someone advice?
 
jp1234

jp1234

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
118
Points
18
I have one question.
How do you know it was a Sprain, and you didn't Tear your Meniscus.

Did you see a Doctor, if not, I would do so for Piece of Mind.

While Knee Injuries can be common.
It's always your best option to see a Doctor for a Diagnosis.

And with any Injury, you come back slowly, and most importantly, Listen to your Body.
 
R

rz3300

Banned
Joined
Jul 6, 2016
Messages
677
Points
0
This just immediately makes me think about how important the heating pads and the ice is at times like this. I feel like it makes it that much easier to return to a more normal routine if you can recover better and quicker.
 
P

ptahm22

Active member
Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2017
Messages
40
Points
6
How you plan your return will depend on the nature and severity of your injury and the length of time you’ve been out for. First you need to find out are you ready to start running again? And then plan a graded return. It’s all about finding a level your healing tissue can manage and progressing at a speed that allows the body to strengthen and adapt. Remember stressing tissue the right amount (I.e. not excessively) promotes healing.
 
D

Decentlady

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
217
Points
18
You have a point @ptahm22 about going gradual. Like before the injury I used to wear minimum 3" heels as daily wear. Post injury of course, I had to go flat because a little elevation was giving unbearable pain.

Today after several months I restarted wearing 3" and experience no pain as I walk. I have been brisk walking for several weeks but with flats on.

So I am assuming that I can start treadmill at a lower speed and then may be pump up the speed.
 
Alexandoy

Alexandoy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
3,248
Points
48
If you are sure that it was only a sprain and not a fracture or torn ligament then you can start your workout on a light mode for 1 week. Observe how your leg would adjust before you increase your workout. One friend of mine thought he had a sprain. It's good that he had a checkup only to learn that it was a torn quadricep tendon.
 
P

Pharmacom

Well-known member
Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
420
Points
18
Now u shoul to do good warm up befor train if its just sprain
 

Similar threads

Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
152
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
PumpChaser
Replies
4
Views
109
crunchtime247
crunchtime247
Regan Grimes Feed
Replies
0
Views
24
Regan Grimes Feed
Regan Grimes Feed
Top