• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Power balance wrist pands exposed as a sham

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://www.news.com.au/technology/p...-ordered-by-accc/story-e6frfrnr-1225975249012

Power Balance wristbands exposed as a sham

* By Nathan Mawby
* December 23, 2010 1:11AM

Lions player Brendan Fevola is one of many sports who have been using the wristbands. Picture: Michael Klein Source: Herald Sun

* Advertising "misleading", says ACCC
* Bands popular among sports stars
* Cost a lot, but don't actually work

A WRISTBAND claiming to boost strength, balance and flexibility has been exposed as a fake.

The ACCC ordered Power Balance Australia to cease marketing its wristbands with claims of boosted sporting performance, and demanded they refund people already duped by the purported benefits, reported the Herald Sun.

Sports stars from Brendan Fevola to Damien Oliver have been seen with the faux performance enhancers on their wrists, but their scientific credentials have been well behind their marketing.

ACCC chairman Graeme Samuel said the bands had been exposed as fake and warned people off them as a last-minute gift.

"I'm hoping they are not thinking it's a good idea," he said. "They cost a lot of money for something that may not do anything."

The wristbands were still available for $30 on Power Balance's website yesterday afternoon, but claims of their benefits had been removed, and would also be removed from packaging.

"You could buy rubber bands from the newsagent and have a fresh one every day of the year," Mr Samuel said.

Without the science to back up the claims, Power Balance was ordered to repay all buyers who felt they were misled.

Power Balance has admitted its claims had no credible basis and its marketing of the bands could have been misleading. It pledged to remove misleading representations on its website and product packaging.

Consumer group Choice this year called on Power Balance to prove its claims, but it took the ACCC until yesterday to resolve the matter.

If you would like a refund, contact the Power Balance refund line on 1800 733 436 between 9am and 5pm.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I lol'd muchly when I read this.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I stole it from you lol.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Brendan Fevola is a twat haha

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
LOOOOOOL

all those idiots that bought it.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
LMAO some douche bag at the mall was trying to sell me one, whatta crock.... I was walking with my girlfriend and the guy told her "you got a feel it to beleive it, come try it.. you gotta feel it" and i was like "she can feel this *grabbed my crotch*" lol A week later i went to the mall again and actually tried it. He had me do some tricks that would make people beleive it really works but i knew it was pure bull****, he was going on and on about "hologram technology" lol yeah ****en right.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMAO some douche bag at the mall was trying to sell me one, whatta crock.... I was walking with my girlfriend and the guy told her "you got a feel it to beleive it, come try it.. you gotta feel it" and i was like "she can feel this *grabbed my crotch*" lol A week later i went to the mall again and actually tried it. He had me do some tricks that would make people beleive it really works but i knew it was pure bull****, he was going on and on about "hologram technology" lol yeah ****en right.

I have the "Placebo" wristband. Made in the same factory for the same cost, but retails for $1. It uses the power of gulibility to convince you to believe something inert could ever have any influence over you.

I don't know how these products ever make it onto the market.

dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
^ Thats exactly what i thought was going on. His "tests" worked on me but i knew it had nothing to do with the actual hollogram BS.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Bahaha, thats really amazing.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I have a rock that repels lions.