• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Protein preference PWO

MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
i was going through cindy phillips` whole blog and there was a part on protein.
she says she prefers Isolate with MRP

then i started thinking about my own set up

right now i just go with ON.

What do you think about her way?

if isolate is more easily and quickly absorbed wouldnt it be better?
As well i noticed most Whey`s will have a mix of concentrate, isolate and sometimes hydrolyzed.

What do you think would be the best set up?
Do you think her way sounds effective?
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Isolate doesn't have all the benefits of concentrate.
Isolate isn't as easily digested as hydrolyzed.
Whey in general doesn't lead to as much muscle gain as when a "slow" protein (casein) is taken in the PWO window.
Blends generally have a better amino profile and retains the benefits of concentrates and isolates.
 
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
2,487
Points
38
Just switched from ON gold standard whey to ON Nitro-Core and I'm never going back. Find a good whey/casein mix.
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
Whey in general doesn't lead to as much muscle gain as when a "slow" protein (casein) is taken in the PWO window.

but wouldnt get the protein into your system as fast as possible be more desirable then a slow digesting one?

usually people will have something quick pwo then around 30-1hr later they will eat again but real food
could you explain exactly.. noob in training
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ It's from a classic bit of PWO nutrition research that shows that Whey+Casein was superior to Whey PWO in terms of lean muscle gains over time. I forget the exact reasoning but something along the lines of the whey still triggers anabolism (although a smaller response) but with the casein extends this response for ~4hrs or something.

I think I posted the abstract in the nutrition abstracts thread in the articles section.
 
MrChewiebitums

MrChewiebitums

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
1,941
Points
38
thx a bundle. i`ll go find that bad boy
 
Top