• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

  • Follow the 2026 Olympia on September 24 to 27, 2026!

Pull-up rows !!!

Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
So I was messing around and invented an exercise that I now call pull-up row. Ill train to explain the best way I can.

First you grip a parallel bar with a close grip (pull-up grip), hands close together. Then as you pull yourself up you start bending your body until you are basically rowing it.

So it goes from a pull-up and turns into a row. I painted it for you guys. Its fucking awesome, I feel all my back working and its really hard to pull off. Abs also work like crazy.

a0xcua-1.jpg
 
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2008
Messages
607
Points
18
I dont make my torso THAT parallel, but I do cuve my spine significantly at the top just like you. If you want to contract your lats in any back exercise this is needed.

Ever see guys doing pullups that have literally no back but decent arms and shoulders? Watch as they go straight up and down with a lot of momentum and no spinal flexion. They NEVER contract there lats. Keep it up bro! your back is going to thank you.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
Hate to burst your bubble, but gymnasts have been doing these for centuries. However, they are a fantastic exercise and clearly great minds think alike.

I've been doing these for a couple of years now, started out as a warmup exercise. Have a look for front lever and front lever pullup videos.
 
dilatedmuscle

dilatedmuscle

Mecca Super-*****
VIP
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
6,008
Points
48
Ive seen people do these for years. not enough people do them though. Its kinda hard at first to keep your torso ar that angle.
 
Zigurd

Zigurd

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
3,475
Points
38
Hate to burst your bubble, but gymnasts have been doing these for centuries. However, they are a fantastic exercise and clearly great minds think alike.

I've been doing these for a couple of years now, started out as a warmup exercise. Have a look for front lever and front lever pullup videos.

Hahaha awww, that sucks. I thought I came up with something beautiful.

Ill keep doing these because for now I feel them hitting back more than pull-ups or chin-ups. Thanks for all the input guys !

<3
 
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 12, 2006
Messages
3,040
Points
38
They are called Sternum chinups btw.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff

Similar threads

AlphaLifter
Replies
1
Views
62
talktomybiceps
talktomybiceps
Tiger Fitness
Replies
0
Views
61
Tiger Fitness
Tiger Fitness
MuscleMaverick
Replies
2
Views
94
Paulr_91
Paulr_91
Chris Bumstead Feed
Replies
0
Views
71
Chris Bumstead Feed
Chris Bumstead Feed
Top